Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Tuning to [435hz] with POD HD500x Edit and a JTV69

Mastersonics

Hi guys

I have a one man band show and one of the backup tracks I just got is oddly tuned to 435hz instead of 440hz [Def Leppard, Animal]

I also have a JTV69 guitar and would like to know if the JTV69 can be tune to 435hz as a preset using the HD500X Edit or any other way.

Not entirely sure how it can be done so please help...

thanks,
Charles

:)

Not possible with the HD Edit. Try using Variax Workbench. Maybe you can create a Variax model somewhat detuned using the "parallel pitch" feature (Pitch at 0, Cents to tune) and setting the "mix" parameter to 100% in each string.

You can create alternate tunings by preset for a jtv in the HD500. But obviously it only works if you use VDI. I'm not in front of my Pod/jtv right now, but I know it's in the system and I/o menu. Keep scrolling to the right. I don't use the edit software ever, so I can't tell you how to find it there.

But yes, you can tune down each string to get close to 435. I can't guarantee you can hit exactly 435, but, to quote John Cougar, it should be close enough for rock and roll.

The alternate tunings only work in half step increments.  You have to retune the strings.  (Or retune your backing track.)  I retune tracks I practice with all the time with my Transcribe software.  Almost any track from the old analog days is actually slightly out of standard tuning and you find that out quickly when you try to play along with it.

You can create alternate tunings by preset for a jtv in the HD500. But obviously it only works if you use VDI. I'm not in front of my Pod/jtv right now, but I know it's in the system and I/o menu. Keep scrolling to the right. I don't use the edit software ever, so I can't tell you how to find it there.

But yes, you can tune down each string to get close to 435. I can't guarantee you can hit exactly 435, but, to quote John Cougar, it should be close enough for rock and roll.

Stumblingman

I would appreciate if you can help me with this...

I do use my JTV69 via VDI

thanks,

Charles

Stumblingman

I would appreciate if you can help me with this...

I do use my JTV69 via VDI

thanks,

Charles

They are right. I assumed there was more control, as I don't actually use the edit software. Sorry!

There are tons of pitch-shifting programs out there that can change pitch without changing tempo. That would probably be a better approach.

I use Pitch Glide to manually set the pitch for patches that need to be a half step down (for example Running with the Devil - Van Halen) and %100 mix pitched signal. Maybe that effect will work for 435hz (just use a tuner while you step down the pitch?).

The problem is that the backup track tuning is BETWEEN 440hz and half step down and the only way to play the song is tuning the guitar to 435hz

When I play along at 435hz is spot on in tune.

Running with the Devil is half step down....
I can easily move the tuning wheel on my JTV69 half step and I'm there. The other song that is in between tuning is Footloose.

This is driving me crazy because I love this song and where I'm performing they are a BIG Def Leppard fans so I have to play it
I can tune it to 435z but the problem is that because the JTV69 have a tremolo and when the tension changes it's hard to put it back to 440hz and keep it there

Anyone from line 6 that can help with this?
thanks,
Charles

alternate tunings by preset for a jtv in the HD500 support semitones.

i understand u need 435/440=0.9886

u can achive as foll:

1. using Workbench HD create a variax detuned model by tweaking the "parallel pitch" feature (pitch=0, cents=-3 or -2).

2. set the "mix" parameter = 100% in each string.

3. save this model in custom 1/2 bank, or whichever other bank u wish.

4. set the jtv tuning knob="Model".

5. on ur hd500 preset, set jtv model accordingly (eg Custom1-5).

http://www.mediafire.com/view/0r8ih8m8uln8l80/HD500_and_JTV_435_hz_tuning.PNG

• Upvote 3

alternate tunings by preset for a jtv in the HD500 support semitones.

i understand u need 435/440=0.9886

u can achive as foll:

1. using Workbench HD create a variax detuned model by tweaking the "parallel pitch" feature (pitch=0, cents=-3 or -2).

2. set the "mix" parameter = 100% in each string.

3. save this model in custom 1/2 bank, or whichever other bank u wish.

4. set the jtv tuning knob="Model".

5. on ur hd500 preset, set jtv model accordingly (eg Custom1-5).

Wow Jandrio.... I knew it this could be done.....! 

I will try and see if I can come up with this setting on the workbench HD

I have never used it before but it's a good time to start tweaking and learn this thing

thanks again

regards,

Charles