Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Show off your Pod HD rigs!

AlexKenivel

Post pics, talk about what you like about your setup, what your setup used to look like, or what you plan on doing to make your setup complete.

Here's mine:

20150701_092921_zpsvgcyvowf.jpg

Above, my Carvin dcm1000 power amp in a Gator rack bag, atop my V30 loaded Carvin 2x12.

20150624_175208_zpsy7xx9mmg.jpg

And my "Podletrain" board.

This setup us pretty new for me, and I've used it at a gig and and some jams/rehearsals. Plenty loud and if I need a little more oomph I have a 4x12 cab too.

At this point id love one of those small L6 wireless relays

Post up!

• Upvote 1

I run in studio/direct with full amp models and cabs. I tend to try to make presets that work for cabs and FR speakers and I get away with it without too much variation in sound. High gain is the toughest IME

PODHD Desktop sitting on top of the Marshall on the right side going into the FX return of both Marshalls using Studio Direct.  I use a 20ms delay between the Marshalls for a stereo effect and use the PODHD AngelPre as my typical hi gain tone.

post-381931-0-04331800-1435800707_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

HD 500X with a Lex Bos Superdive in the effectsloop, connected to my DT-25 by Line6-Link.

The Lex Bos Superdive (real tubes) is the heart of my drive/distortion sound and it's just incredible  I use a Screamer from the POD to drive the Superdrive some more if needed.

I only use clean amps with cab sims.

I also have a Lex Bos tube Booster in the efffects loop of the DT which is always on to give the sound some extra tube magic before going into the power amp of the DT.

The result is very sweet  :wub:

post-90313-0-00338900-1435819561_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

This photo was taken on a recent Sunday morning, when I was playing bass in the worship band at my church. Show here are my Yamaha fretless and Heartfield bass guitars. More often I'm playing my JTV-59 in my rock cover band, but even after all these years I consider myself a bassist first and foremost.

Inside my foam-surround tour rack are my Pod HD Pro; my Sennheiser microphone and guitar receivers; my Sennheiser IEM transmitter; a blank panel for the receiver antennae; and my Furman PL-Pro C. One of my two RCF NX 12-SMA powered wedges sits on top of the rack. On this particular day I was running Pod HD Pro Edit to help me tweak my v2.62 bass patches.

What do you guys think?

Click the thumbnail to jump to a larger pic.

th_11136751_10203811374519543_9119373277

• Upvote 1

PODHD Desktop sitting on top of the Marshall on the right side going into the FX return of both Marshalls using Studio Direct.  I use a 20ms delay between the Marshalls for a stereo effect and use the PODHD AngelPre as my typical hi gain tone.

Do you wear stilts or something?  I would have thought your head needed to be on the floor above just to see the display of the Pod!

Do you wear stilts or something?  I would have thought your head needed to be on the floor above just to see the display of the Pod!

I can see the preset number on it if I need to.  But I have a floorboard that tells me which preset is being used.  That's just our practice area.  When we play out I set my amp/cab on the floor and not on top of a sub.

My entire rig consists of solely an HD500.

Asking for pictures of my guitars, or the rig that the HD500 replaced --- those are completely different stories, lol.  

2936_Line_6_Pod_HD_500_99-060-1615_a.jpg

I like how you keep all the amp controls lined up at zero. I do the same. LOL. But the mid looks out of sync.

• Upvote 1

I like how you keep all the amp controls lined up at zero. I do the same. LOL. But the mid looks out of sync.

Hell, that's a picture I stole from the Music Zoo. Blame them. Those zeros on that site are always a little out of sync. 

pictures of my guitars, or the rig that the HD500 replaced --- those are completely different stories, lol.

The stories are more than welcome, but pictures of past gear isn't necessary.

If I'm playing a gig that doesn't require hi gain, I'd just bring my pod and run direct. I'd much rather walk into a club with just guitar and pod

I can see the preset number on it if I need to.  But I have a floorboard that tells me which preset is being used.  That's just our practice area.  When we play out I set my amp/cab on the floor and not on top of a sub.

I just assumed you kept it on one preset. What kind of board you running?

I like the laptop on the music stand. I personally wouldn't lug a computer around in my situation but your setup looks like a cozy one. How do you like the wireless units?

I don't normally use the laptop in that capacity. On this particular morning I was using it to tweak my new firmare 2.62 bass tones. Which, by the way, I enjoy very much :)

These Sennheiser wireless systems, while very expensive, are absolutely the bomb. Not only do they sound GREAT, I can fire up three channels in the downtown corridor of the #21 media market (lots of radio and tv!), and if there's ever a problem, a frequency rescan is only a few clicks away ;)

Someday I'll take a picture of just my rig. I used to run my Pod into my DT25, but since I got a JTV and use acoustic models I go direct to PA now. So now my Relay G50 and DT25 sit home collecting dust. Plus, I don't know how to post images on this board. Got a few private parties coming up so I'll snap some shots when we are all set up.

• Upvote 1

He he, this was fun... I need to show off too :D

MyRig_150703%20%28455x640%29.jpg

Rebuilt my rig last year I have started to improve it a bit this last year. To long to describe. But the path is LP/strat > Pedal board with Korg Pitchblack+ > boost pedal > compressor > Boss NS2 > to rack with POD HD Pro > Boeringer Mixer UB 1622 > Inter M 500 > Speakers/Monitors. In the rack there is also in the bottom a power conditioner Furman  M10xE, my sound card Focusrite Scarlet 18i6 (connect my PC fro rec/play back) and a RJM Effect Gizmo loop switch with 5 pedals (dist and od)) connected to the effect loop in the POD HD. There is also a patch bay for Variax-input and one day a L6 pedal board, midi in/out and 3x tele connectors for ea Input 2/effect loop. Today i control it with a UnO-modded Behringer fcb1010, works great.

My playing is nothing for the rest of the world to listen to, but the tone is great (thanks to this forum) and the rig is fun... makes playing fun

Looking forward so see more exhibitionist...

Take care //Per

• Upvote 2

It is a heave best. I have had it outside the house, there is handels on the side, but we need to be two. I will split it later but as i use it home most of the time it's not a problem. It's convinient to have it like this and even if it's a lot if gear all wiring are inside. Very clean.

I have speakers to the rigg so it's like a small pa. It's two modified hifi speakers sounding really good. No problem to run the inter M 500 into them, very responsiv and handles the power great. Almost forgot so say, they are heavy too ;-)) the speakers are located on another wall so that why you don't see them. They are grey and boring so its' s not much to see, not like my rack. Sounds great and can stand a bear poring in to it.

And yes, there are weels on the stand ;-)

//Per

and a jtv...

I know they are designed to work in companion to one another, but I don't have one, so I wouldn't know. 

I still use guitars designed for the image. I'd be more inclined to try the Variax technology in one of my guitars - like a pickup set sold separately.

I typically shop guitars with my eyes first, then with the fingers. Just like my women.

• Upvote 1

My POD HD500 with T-Rock, DT25 not shown (click to enlarge):

post-14661-0-79690700-1436192326_thumb.jpg

The iPad on the right side runs the app BandHelper. With it we display the set list and sheets of music and synchronize sound fx, tempi and MIDI messages for the POD and other devices. On the left side is the VJ app TouchViZ that displays all our video sequences and a live camera picture from time to time over WiFi. If needed, we can also control the monitor mix for the in ear systems of the vocalists with the iPads and an app called Master Fader.

• Upvote 2

My POD HD500 with T-Rock, DT25 not shown (click to enlarge):

The iPad on the right side runs the app BandHelper. With it we display the set list and sheets of music and synchronize sound fx, tempi and MIDI messages for the POD and other devices. On the left side is the VJ app TouchViZ that displays all our video sequences and a live camera picture from time to time over WiFi. If needed, we can also control the monitor mix for the in ear systems of the vocalists with the iPads and an app called Master Fader.

That is a cool setup - nice idea using the ipad for video stuff!