Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using Digitech Trio pedal with Pod 500x

Antman74

Hi

As a kinda one man band I've been looking at the Digitech Trio pedal...where it fills in Bass and drums.

Would this be usuable plugged into the POD 500X as a separate pedal plugged into the back?.

Cheers

If this is capable of being plugged in a signal chain, it should definitely go after all other boxes. Not before. Not in the loop. 

Anything that comes after the drum machine is going to color it. You don't want that. The drum machine has to be last in line. 

I am looking at one of these too.  I expect it would be best in a dual amp patch.  You would need to set the input to same and put all your guitar stuff in channel A and an FX loop in channel B with no amp block.  That will feed the clean guitar which the TRIO needs to and then send the MIXER output back to the FX return.  You will need a dummy jack in the amp output too.  Set the mixer pan in the POD to center on both channels and now you have a good feed to sent to your monitors.  You have your processed guitar in channel A and the drums and bass in channel B.  You could even add a reverb to channel B if needed.

Surely there are other ways to do it but I think this would be the best with a POD.