Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd 500x, What Does This Mean For Pod Hd Pro Users?

billiecooper

Will we be seeing a new rack unit, or is the 500X now exactly the same as the HD Pro just with built in floor control? 

If someone from Line 6 could tell me whether the HD Pro is powerful enough to match all the new features and DSP power specs of the 500X (albeit with firmware upgrades etc)? Or does the 500X surpass the HD Pro's capabilities?

Cheers,

the hd500x is more powerful than the pro....

most likely a pro x model will be released at some point... the new version of monkey lists it... (or at least did... no idea if that's been "fixed") but that's all anyone knows....

Yep the Pro is now an ex-flagship Pod. Had to happen at some point just like the Vetta. 

The 500x has twice the dsp power as the Pro does im told. Not seen any official spec sheet yet....

This kind if irks me. I'm constantly flying the flag for my line 6 in a sea of AxeFx and Kemper purists not to mention the 'Real Amp' guys, having to purchase 2 units in a short time with a fraction of the upgrades of its more expensive peers really damages Line 6's and Dino's more bang for your buck argument.

Perhaps I'm being ungrateful, but compared to the upgrades and included software included with my X3 Pro, I now feel utterly ripped by my HD Pro and Line 6's notorious tight lip now seems more about a marketing strategy than the exciting suprise it was with the X3 updates.

It might sound like a rant but I have a band that exclusively uses line 6 products ( 3 HD Pros, 1 X3 Pro and a Live X3, 3 FBV's, wireless mic's the list goes on), we do this to get a uniform sound and make it easier for people in Australia not used to dealing with bands running direct. I have also just helped 2 other bands move over to line 6 HD Pro systems that they bought under my direction. Waking up and finding that there is now a new flagship line to be launched has now negated any ability I have to keep my live rig consisting of all cutting edge line 6 gear without having to seriously consider the value for money in the other more expensive peers.

Thanks for listening, I feel a little better now, ha ha.

This kind if irks me. I'm constantly flying the flag for my line 6 in a sea of AxeFx and Kemper purists not to mention the 'Real Amp' guys, having to purchase 2 units in a short time with a fraction of the upgrades of its more expensive peers really damages Line 6's and Dino's more bang for your buck argument.

Perhaps I'm being ungrateful, but compared to the upgrades and included software included with my X3 Pro, I now feel utterly ripped by my HD Pro and Line 6's notorious tight lip now seems more about a marketing strategy than the exciting suprise it was with the X3 updates.

It might sound like a rant but I have a band that exclusively uses line 6 products ( 3 HD Pros, 1 X3 Pro and a Live X3, 3 FBV's, wireless mic's the list goes on), we do this to get a uniform sound and make it easier for people in Australia not used to dealing with bands running direct. I have also just helped 2 other bands move over to line 6 HD Pro systems that they bought under my direction. Waking up and finding that there is now a new flagship line to be launched has now negated any ability I have to keep my live rig consisting of all cutting edge line 6 gear without having to seriously consider the value for money in the other more expensive peers.

Thanks for listening, I feel a little better now, ha ha.

According to findings on other threads on the forum here it's only 20-25% more powerful... so big whoop really. Just waiting for some more amp models.