Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

X3 live in a reboot loop

pitrol

I'm from Brazil, and recently bought a POD x3 Live (it was working), but the power supply was presenting problems, after several problems caused by power supply, I fixed it (the supply). When I connect my POD X3 Live again I have the following problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOeUYY_24ZM

Ihave already enter in the safemode and tried to downgrade and upgrade of Flash Memory for 1.21 and 2.02, but without success. Can you help me? (or can you send me the 1.00 version of it?)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

+1

Add me to the list. Have tried all flash versions but 1.0 which I can't find on Line 6 website. My Pod x3 live can't boot either, it's stuck after logoscreen, it just says "update flash" w/o the three dots that are shown while flashing the firmware (which is no worries at all to perform...)

This is my second Pod x3 live with firmware issues, really like to know whats going on Line 6 since these kind of faults have been around since 2008, you should be able to track down whats wrong with all this units, it's unlikley a hardware problem, so stop tell ppl to get motherboard replacements for big $$$! The product is obsolete and you only get a lollipop reputation by ignoring that you put out a product far below expected standards. I have 3 XT in the studio i work in, no problem ever and much more rugged.

Can you at least publish the 1.0 firmware version which users have been able to roll back to with some success?

Regards / Jonas

I would recommend trying a replacement power supply first.... then go here and scroll to the bottom for the Safe Mode Reflash directions:

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/pod/pod-x3/pod-x3-series-factory-reset-reflash-and-firm-r412

Don't save your presets in case one is corrupted (hopefully thay are backed up already).

I still see the V1.0 Firmware up there for downloading too btw.

Hope that helps ya but it "might" be a hardware issue.

-B

Power supply is 100% ok, works just fine with other identical POD unit.

I have not saved my presets during reflashing dialog.

FLash version 1.0 found and flashed, same thing; "Update flash"

Bonus info: If I don't start the unit in weeks, its works normal for about 2-4 reboots, then stuck again = this points at a hardware design fault, that a capacitator is holding charge when it should not(?)

Whats left to do except trash the bricked Pod?

+1

Add me to the list. Have tried all flash versions but 1.0 which I can't find on Line 6 website. My Pod x3 live can't boot either, it's stuck after logoscreen, it just says "update flash" w/o the three dots that are shown while flashing the firmware (which is no worries at all to perform...)

This is my second Pod x3 live with firmware issues, really like to know whats going on Line 6 since these kind of faults have been around since 2008, you should be able to track down whats wrong with all this units, it's unlikley a hardware problem, so stop tell ppl to get motherboard replacements for big $$$! The product is obsolete and you only get a lollipop reputation by ignoring that you put out a product far below expected standards. I have 3 XT in the studio i work in, no problem ever and much more rugged.

Can you at least publish the 1.0 firmware version which users have been able to roll back to with some success?

Regards / Jonas

Jonas,

Here is version 1.0 of the Flash Memory.

http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=1888

I got my POD X3 Live to work with it, but lost several functions of version 2.0. I would like to solve this problem immediately. This is my first product of Line 6, and the support has caused me a bad look of the company

• 2 years later...