Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd 100 mk 1 direct out setup

my question is.

When i run out the back of my line 6 HD 100 from the direct line out xlr socket into my boss br 800 recorder Do i

Have to have a speaker cabinet plugged in?

Use it with the stand by turned off or on?

It is best to have a speaker always connected at all times.

But, from what I've read in the past and are lead to believe with these particular amps is that you can run in studio direct on standby without a speaker load connected. However it is highly frowned upon as one slip up and flick of the standby switch accidentally and you'll blow the transformer inside your amp and cause other possible damage as well.

So to your last sentence, the amp HAS to be in STANDBY.

On a side-note, you accidentally put this in the solid state "Spider" series category instead of the "SpiderValve" area.

Lastly, you should try and find the exact answer to your question in the archives here to be 100% sure, because I don't want to be responsible if I'm wrong and you blow up your guitar amplifier :)

my question is.

When i run out the back of my line 6 HD 100 from the direct line out xlr socket into my boss br 800 recorder Do i

Have to have a speaker cabinet plugged in?

Use it with the stand by turned off or on?

Grabbed this tidbit from the Line 6 Knowledgebase here on their website:

Q: Can I run my Line 6 amplifier without a speaker load (i.e. not connected to a speaker)

A: All Line 6 amplifiers (with the exception of the Spider valve series) are safe to run without any speaker load connected. The DT series and Spider Valve series amps **must have a speaker load connected to avoid damage to the output transformer.*

Now I'm wondering if the Vetta II HD can be safely run without a speaker load haha.

Thanks for your post.

Never posted on a forum before sooo oops!

Yeah i read the entry you posted from the archive the only issue i have, which is typical for me, is that it does not specifically state something along the lines of "even when using direct line out you still need to connect a speaker cabinet"

Everyone i know seems to think that no you shouldnt need to connect a speaker cabinet and their reasons seem convincing enough but then ill read articles that state that yes you must.

The qouted post above does say that yes you must connect a speaker cabinet so i guess this applies to line direct line out mode.....

• Upvote 1