Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Post your EQ type and Settings

Gfer1484

There are several post that explain EQ settings, what to cut what to boost how to remove fizz and so on, having a good ear is key, my ears are not so good anymore, years of loud music have taken a toll on my ears, I like to see the actual settings that the POD HD500X users are using for different tones, Metal, Blues, Jazz, Clean, Rock, I find it easier to dial in the settings then listen to the tone and compare for a starting point. I run my POD500X direct to the FX loop on the AMP. 

Tone Metal, Blues, Rock, Clean

EQ Type

EQ All/Settings

Location of EQ

So far ive only been using post EQ on high gain metal tones. For most other genres I use the parameters available within the amp and cab settings.

And since I had to replace my 500x I've lost all but the hi gain tone I use the most:

I run a comp and a screamer before amps, and the amps are the PV with graphic EQ in path A, Big Bottom with 4 band EQ in path b and studio EQ after the mixer.

Graphic: 80hz=-0.1, 220hz=-0.3, 440hz=+0.3, 1.1khz=-4.0, 2.2khz=-2.1

4 band: Lo=+0.3, Lmid=+3, Hmid=+3.5, Hi=0, shift=64%

Studio: LoFq=75hz with gain at 0, HiFq=8000 with gain at -4, and final gain at 0

Theres also a lot I'm doing to the parameters within the amps themselves, and depending on the situation I might turn certain EQ effects off.

I also have the global EQ on and cut the frequencies around where guitar speakers usually taper off

I'm still very new at all this and things change for me. I recently just started using the studio EQ to cut some of the harshness, and now as I sit here with my pod and the studio EQ on, I don't really have too much need for the other EQ's. Go figure...

• Upvote 1

I'm not home anymore, but at this point I might as well just take a screenshot or upload my patch for you :p :D

Nothing too drastic as far as the amp settings go but can't remember off the top of my head. the comp and screamer are pushing the amps, with the amps gains both under 50%

You said you plug into an amps FX loop. Do you just go into the return and use the amps power amp or do you use the 4cm?