Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

will helix be sold with a padded bag or sthg...?

rudomat

;-(... a little poor for a 1600€ unit...

they work hard to give us the best product at the lowest price.  that would just be one more thing to add to the cost and not everyone needs one..  mine will go in the case I already own,

• 2 weeks later...

I turns out that the screen is the perfect size and just warm enough to warm a Pop-Tart....Probably wouldn't defrost a hot pocket though...Lame!  :lol:

Well...I suppose I'll take what I can get. But Pop Tarts just aren't the same as white toast with the crusts cut off and seedless raspberry jam. ;)

And still no toaster in it either...no matter how many times I request it on Ideascale, I think they're ignoring me.

How do they expect us to be able to play without toast?!?!?!?!... :P

Everyone knows, if you want a toaster you buy a KPA.  ;)

• Upvote 1

I don't mind paying for a case, I'm just having a hard time finding one that matches the dimensions. I think it's a little bigger than the HD 500, but since the HD500 case is a soft sided case, I'm wondering if it will fit?

I doubt it. That case is a seriously tight squeeze, even for the 500X. Anything bigger, and it's gonna be like trying to stuff a telephone pole in a coffee can.

I've been using the Gator GK2110 for my 500X and there's a little wiggle room in it...not much but a little.

I'm gonna check that out. I have a couple of Gator hard shell cases that have stood up pretty well. I've just been stuffing the 500X into a larger padded duffle that houses all my cables. The Line 6 case is overly tight (mine is anyway) and all 4 zipper pulls were some of the cheapest crap I've ever seen. In less than a month they all just snapped off...and I'm not overly rough on things. If I were grabbing the zippers and swinging it over my head I'd understand, but I'm nicer to my gear than that.

The Helix won't fit in that Gator bag. I have that bag as well for my HD500. I honestly haven't tried to fit the Helix in it, but the Helix is a like an inch or so bigger in width and depth than the HD500, and the HD500 just fits in the bag.

Rondo makes nice cases at good prices.  Might have to check these out instead of modding my Tarcase... bigger one has room for EXP2...

Helix—22.05 x 11.85 x 3.6 inches.

http://www.rondomusic.com/product7522.html   -  $49.95

• Interior length: 23 1/2"
  • Interior width: 15 3/4"
  • Interior depth: 4 1/2" (including lid)
  • Depth of lid: 1"

http://www.rondomusic.com/product7519.html   -  $55.95

• Interior length: 29 1/2"
  • Interior width: 15 3/4"
  • Interior depth: 5 1/2"
  • Depth of lid: 1"