Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Expression Pedal Not Working on HD500

bapurvis

Hi All

My expression pedal has stopped working for me, any ideas on how to trouble shoot this.  Is this hardware?

I have been trying to use this pedal and it no longer has any effect on my patches.

Have been able to switch controller to variax volume or tone control and those work fine but expression pedal (exp1 or exp 2) seems to be dead.

Try to reinstall flash memory but this had no effect.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Found this and it solved my problem.

f the Onboard expression pedal of the POD HD500 does not sweep through parameter values as it normally would, you may need to perform a pedal calibration to reset the functionality of the expression pedal:

Hold the down the RIGHT ARROW button on the 4 Way Nav Pad while powering the unit on, until you see the “Test Mode†screen (Pedal Cal, etc.), and then proceed with the steps below:

• If not already selected, use on the 4 Way Nav Pad to select “Pedal Cal,†as shown above.
  • Press the VIEW button.
  • Set the pedal to the minimum “heel†position, then press the A footswitch to set a value for the Duty Cycle. You’ll see the value set to “100.â€
  • Set the pedal to the maximum “toe†position, then press the B footswitch to set a value for the Duty Cycle. Again, you’ll see the value set to “100,†as in step 3.
  • Press the C footswitch to prepare for automatic selection of the Scaled Pedal Value and move the pedal from min. to max. You should see the Scaled Pedal Values read “0†at the heel position and “255†and the toe position. If you get values other than 0 and 255, power off and repeat these steps, starting at step 1.
  • Press the D footswitch to save the settings. You’ll be returned to the Test Mode screen and the Pedal Cal item will show a “P†to indicated that the pedal calibration is complete! Power your device off and back on again to start using it.

***Please Note: Re-calibration of the POD HD500's expression pedal is necessary after performing a Global Settings reset. Instructions for how to perform a Global Settings reset is available here.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this thread is old, but it was a lifesaver for me. My pedal was "expressing" correctly but the expression button was very finicky. (would only actuate one out of six times). I thought the button had gone bad. After doing the expression calibration, the expression button worked flawlessly. I didn't see anything regarding this particular issue, and I know some have complained of the expression button not working properly.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  •  
  • Press the D footswitch to save the settings. You’ll be returned to the Test Mode screen and the Pedal Cal item will show a “P†to indicated that the pedal calibration is complete! Power your device off and back on again to start using it.

My result is 'F' no 'P'.

Please help!

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I've reinstalled the software, booting back to factory. I've done the calibration 3 different times, and after a few preset changes, the expression pedal goes out. The toe switch works, but the vol/wah does nothing. Could this be a ribbon cable issue? Also, the power off/right button step only works about 2 out of 5 times. I may just have a lemon

26 minutes ago, EmeryFry said:

I've reinstalled the software, booting back to factory. I've done the calibration 3 different times, and after a few preset changes, the expression pedal goes out. The toe switch works, but the vol/wah does nothing. Could this be a ribbon cable issue? Also, the power off/right button step only works about 2 out of 5 times. I may just have a lemon

WHAT? 

There is no power button on the HD500. 

5 hours ago, pianoguyy said:

but the vol/wah does nothing.

you sounded like you know, but this statement makes me just want to make sure. It is just a general disclaimer that I say to everyone.... 

this is an expression pedal. it only does what you assign to it. even having a wah in your signal chain, you still need to assign it to the pedal.

On 10/14/2019 at 4:59 PM, EmeryFry said:

Could this be a ribbon cable issue?

Could be..

there is a ribbon cable that connects the pedal to the main board..

the cable is connected via plugs (no soldering) but to prevent it from being accidentally disconnected it is secured in position even with hot glue ..

it is unlikely that it can come off on its own due to vibrations, unless someone has previously unplugged it and removed the hot glue.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• Like 1