Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Tuner gets disrupted when other instruments are playing loudly

lknick5150

When I'm using firehawk at bandpractice and go to use tuner....if other instruments are being used loudly.....tuner can't lock on and give accurate reading.....becomes useless unless its moderately quiet.....is this something that can be fixed with firmware update?

• 3 weeks later...

That's very curious. Are you looking at the Tuner in the app or on the device itself? Using the device itself the tuner should not be affected by anything other than the instrument connected to the Guitar input. Using the app I suppose it's possible that there could be some Bluetooth interference from other devices.

Can you confirm that this is happening while looking at the Tuner in the Firehawk itself?

I'm using the tuner on the board however the app is also running from my phone...I'm thinking the vibrations from the drums were making other strings vibrate making it difficult for tuner to lock on.....the practice room is also a little small with concrete walls which might add to the vibration....however I have no issue when using my boss TU-3 under the same circumstances......I just got a new phone this week and didn't seem to have the issue with the tuner yesterday at practice ...so not sure if that had anything to do with it......besides that the tuner worked great....will update after our next weekly practice...

• 1 month later...

I noticed this at a gig last night for the first time. I don't normally play tethered to the app, but thought I'd run it last night - the app tuner (and the onboard) was useless with other noise, but as soon as I disconnected the app, the onboard worked perfectly.

It seems to be far too sensitive, in that it seems to be hearing every little noise around it.

Perhaps we could have the tuner as a block in the chain, and place it after the noise gate? (And if it's a block we could have different types/settings? Poly tuning?)

I used my firehawk at a gig on Saturday night and found the tuner to be one of the growing list of issues, there was no notable background noise when I was trying to use it...  it just seemed very inaccurate. 

I also had my old rack mount POD xt PRO set up alongside the firehawk and I ended up resorting to using the tuner on that as it seems much more accurate... maybe the display on the xt pro is capable of displaying finer increments?

Can this be fixed with a firmware update on the firehawk? or do I need to buy a boss chromatic tuner?

I was kinda having the same issue with the tuner, at least I suspect the same issue.  I turn the volume on the guitar down just a little and it seemed to help.  I don't know if that was a real fix or it just started working properly.

• 1 month later...

I just have the Same issue. I am using the firehawk with a jtv variax. Therefore i would eliminate the analog Input as a source of the issue.

But defenity this issue was NOT present during the first time when i used the device. The Tuner was showing correct Tunings during this time. Somehow the issue appeared.

Can Line6 help with this?