Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Controlling both pitch glider and volume with exp-pedal?

Onomatopoeia

Hi!

I'm enjoying my new Pod HD 500X as my new "bass amp" but I'm having som problem with assigning effects to the EXP-pedal.

I want the EXP 1 to control just my volume; and my EXP 2 controlling both the pitch glider and the volume, for a swell-whammy-type of thing. It works to assign either one just fine but, when i press the toe swith from EXP 2 back to EXP 1 the volume control is not working. Really anoying!

Can someone please tell me the right way to do this?

I want the EXP 1 to control just my volume; and my EXP 2 controlling both the pitch glider and the volume, for a swell-whammy-type of thing. It works to assign either one just fine but, when i press the toe swith from EXP 2 back to EXP 1 the volume control is not working. Really anoying!

You can't have the same thing assigned to two expression pedals.  I suggest that you use an alternate method to control the single volume assignment.  Try linking Exp 1 to the amp channel volume and leave the volume pedal and pitch glide assigned to Exp 2.  That will give you two separate independent volume controls each linked to a different pedal without taking up an extra FX block.

*THIS PATCH* demonstrates using the exp pedal with pitch and volume simultaneously, but in opposite order. 

-- meaning the pitch goes up as the volume goes down. 

For what you would want, you would (obviously) reverse the values of one of them so that they work in the same direction. 

Which leaves you to figure out how to do your 2nd exp -- which could be as easy as assigning a 2nd volume block. Or as previously stated, assign pitch value to the exp while using a fs to turn it on and off.  

• 4 months later...