Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Wah/Volume Pedal Assignment

jalevinemd

Hello,

New to the forum here. I just recently bought a POD HD500X to dip my foot in the whole digital multi effects processor/modeling pool. So far I'm pretty happy but have just begun experimenting. One of the pre-sets I've created is essentially just a collection of stomp boxes that I run through my own amp without adding an amp from the POD itself. For this mode, I'd really love to have the option of eight different effects PLUS a wah and volume pedal.

Here's my question:

Do I have to assign the wah and volume to 2 of the 8 available effects slots, thus leaving me with only 6 left or is there a way to assign them to the expression pedal some other way?

Appreciate any input at all. Thanks.

Do I have to assign the wah and volume to 2 of the 8 available effects slots, thus leaving me with only 6 left or is there a way to assign them to the expression pedal some other way?

To be able to use wah and volume pedal, you are right that you'll have to use a slot, so you'll be left with 6 if you're gonna use both. But you can assign those two effects (Wah and Volume pedal) to your Expression pedal through the toe switch. *Hold enter while having your navigator on the wah/vol pedal then assign to exp toe switch*

you can free up a slot by using one of the more transparent amps like the AC15 and assigning Exp1 to the Channel Volume, no Volume Pedal block.  For your particular application, use the AC15 PRE model with NO CAB.  Move all the FX blocks to after the mixer and you can adjust the amp settings as necessary to match your plain guitar tone by A/B'ing it with amp block on and off.  Once you get it where you want it (pretty close to default for me) add your effects and you're good to go.

• Upvote 1

"

Thanks for the replies guys. Wish the expression pedal for use as a volume and/or wah didn't have to chew up a slot, but such is life. Guess I could just hook up an external pedal and save the two slots.

You are right and you are wrong. There is no way to HD500X wah pedal without using a slot. But there is a way to use a volume pedal without using a slot as explained above by radatats. "you can free up a slot by using one of the more transparent amps like the AC15 and assigning Exp1 to the Channel Volume, no Volume Pedal block." You could always use an external wah pedal.