Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Just updated my POD HD500 with latest firmware now it continuously reboots and won't stay connected to Monkey to try re-install. Dead in the water!

PeterJ15

I just updated my POD HD500 with the latest firmware update and sub driver update. Now despite a successful update per Monkey, my POD keeps resetting/rebooting. It will connect to Monkey for a few seconds and then the connection is broken so I can't even try to reinstall. There's no way to reset to factory with the 500 without using Monkey so I'm dead in the water! Help! My POD is totally unusable!

I also opened a ticket for this issue several hours ago but no support response other than "we'll get back to you in the next 72 hours" I was actually excited about Helix hitting streets soon but if this "update" to my POD is any indication of the state of the product management team and the quality control, I will be staying away. I should have learned my lesson with my JTV purchase and the neck problems that it has despite being sent back and returned "fixed" nope.

You try the factory reset? Holding down a direction on the dpad will bring it up into a safe mode for re flashing. Don't remember which arrow though.

Power down. Hold left arrow. Power on while holding.

I think?

Thanks Gear Head. I was just about to post that is exactly what I just did. I remembered the hold D button V (down) and power on. I was able to keep the POD connection with an older version of Monkey and re flash (rolled it back to 2.2 and it's working fine now. I will have to contemplate another attempt at 2.6 update. For now I'll keep it where it is.

Most likely one of your older tones are conflicting.

Backup bundle and then let firmware overwrite all of your tones. This should get you to the right level. Then restore your backed up bundle. If it happens again hold left direction key while powering on. Worst case you might have to rebuild the bad tone. But that's unlikely to be the case.

Most likely one of your older tones are conflicting.

Backup bundle and then let firmware overwrite all of your tones. This should get you to the right level. Then restore your backed up bundle. If it happens again hold left direction key while powering on. Worst case you might have to rebuild the bad tone. But that's unlikely to be the case.

Good answer. Now

Is it possible to have a patch messing the unit?

I mean the unit is ok but the file/patch is causing problems because it kept bad things? Have u ever heard of this kind of problem?

Thanks man

Gosh this is horrible, so good practice is rebuild from old patch to the newest version Empty patch . From scratch, in other words.

Is there any way to detect the problem by analyzing the file or using software ?

Thanks man

Gosh this is horrible, so good practice is rebuild from old patch to the newest version Empty patch . From scratch, in other words.

Is there any way to detect the problem by analyzing the file or using software ?

One thing you could try:

After you get the HD500 working properly, load up your previously saved patches using HD Edit. Working with setlists might be easier.

Once you have opened a setlist with HD Edit with the HD500 turned on, send it to the HD500. The names inside HD Edit should slowly become unitalicized and the asterisk should go away.

If there is a problem with a specific patch, it could be that it won't get sent to the device and remain italicized with an asterisk. If this is the case, there's something weird with that patch.

Thanks but I was thinking about a good file/patch/setlist/bundle working well (send and receive)but behaving strangely because it was an old version file on a newer firmware. Old I mean file created used on older firmware old major release. Like missing internal parameters that was added.

not necessarily... most are unlikely to see these issues...

they appear only when tones were started on the more early firmwares....

which of course can be downloaded etc... so it does happen....

but for the most part... its surely good practice to backup....

but i wouldn't do much else unless results called for it.

you can generally stop the reboot loop by using the left power on trick...

Thanks man