Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FX100 USB Recording

BlizzardOfOzz

Hi Everyone. 

I've had my AMPLIFi FX100 for about 9 months, and haven't experienced any problems with it.

However, I'm currently switching from recording with Pod Farm to the FX100's USB Recording. The only problem is that there is about a .5 second delay from when I play a note, until the time it comes out of my monitors. I've tried adjusting the buffer size to the minimum. Which didn't help at all.

I've also tried running from FX100 stereo outs into an exterior interface, then into my recording software... but I'm still experiencing the latency issue. (I don't know what running it through a different interface would do.. it might have been a stupid idea, (or not)... but i was curious.)

It makes it impossible to play to a click, over a rhythm track, and completely impossible to double track guitar parts (which I often do)

If anyone else is experiencing this issue, or has a fix for this issue please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

I read this before purchasing the unit.

'The AMPLIFi v2.1 firmware update turns AMPLIFi 150, 75 and FX100 into powerful class-compliant USB interfaces for Mac, PC and iOS*, making them ideal for use with GarageBand®, Cubase®, Pro Tools®, Logic®, Ableton® Live, Cakewalk® and other pro recording platforms. All AMPLIFi owners can now record with the same exact amp and effect tones they’ve downloaded from the cloud or created themselves.'

Does this not mean that it works as a stand alone USB interface?

Does this not mean that it works as a stand alone USB interface?

A stand alone USB interface is somewhat of an oxymoron.

Technically it can not be standalone if it needs to interface with something.

So I am not sure exactly what you are asking.

That being said...

The AMPLIFi 150, 75 and FX100 can run as a standalone device, no computer  required.

It can also interface with a computer as a USB Audio Interface for recording/playback.

I have a USB audio interface that supplies the output directly into my DAW, it does not require an out from the interface via 1/4" jack.

My question was if that was not how the output works on the fx100? Does the USB functionality not mean it uses the USB as a direct out from the unit into my computer rather than having to go out of the 1/4" Jack outputs from the headphones or output socket. I am sorry if that was not clear in my original question.

• 4 weeks later...

I have Amplifi TT with 2.1 firmware.

Use Cubase 5.1 in Win 7 to record.  Sound card is fairly old EMU  and I like to use the EMU: mixer app which allows you to route ASIO devices to a strip on the mixer.  Normally I use the EMU driver in Cubase.

Installed AMplifi USB driver.  In cubase if I selct the AMplifi driver as the ASIO driver works.  Haven't tested sound quality but seems OK.

Hiowever I want to use the EMU driver so can have all inputs in one place.  To do this I need to be able to tell the AMplifi driver to send its output to a specific ASIO channel.  Then can create a strip on the EMU mixer for this input and have all my input in one place.

For example Guitar Rig in its preferences allows you to speicify ASIO channel output.

I've looked in the AMplifi app and widows sound app in the control panel and can't find such a setting.

OK Line 6 does this exist??  Can I aspecify ASIO output for the AMplifi??  Registry setting??  Another way or do I need to use the amplifi driver to use the direct USB recording.

• 3 years later...