Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV-89 - value?

Hi, I'm selling my JTV-89 (black) and thought I should try to sell it internationally also. (eBay?)

What would a suggested value be for the JTV-89? As far as I can tell, it has been replaced with the 89F and I also have seen that a few people prefer it over the Floyd Rose because of the (obvious) tuning stability as a hard tail bridge will give. 

It is in mint condition and does not have any dings or sctratches.

Is 700€ a reasonable price? I dont find anything to compare it with on the european eBay sites.

I'm in Europe, but as long as the buyer want to have it shipped I havent any issues with it. 

I paid 695€ for a first hand JTV-89 Blood Red.

Thomann (the biggest european music store) was also selling the 89 black for 650€

Both offers lasted quite some time, while stocks last.

Therefore, I think a reasonable price would be around 450€.

Unfortunately, the Variax Guitars doesn´t retain their value very well in the second hand market.

Personally I think I'll stick with mine. It is often hard to find guitars with thin, flat and wide neck, and fixed bridge. For this single reason, the 89 it´s a keeper for me.

hmmm. might just sell it in Norway then - the 2nd hand prices here tends to be around 600£  :)

I would love to keep it, but I have to get rid of some guitars at a point  :P My wife would have me assassinated if not...  :ph34r:

I'm thinking of getting JTV-69 instead, since I'm more of a Strat guy. My older guitars have high sentimental value and low 2nd hand value. :D

What would a suggested value be for the JTV-89? As far as I can tell, it has been replaced with the 89F and I also have seen that a few people prefer it over the Floyd Rose because of the (obvious) tuning stability as a hard tail bridge will give. 

Far as I know, the 89 is still around and hasn't been replaced. Actually, the Floyd model has better tuning stability than the hard tail bridge, and I sorta like the Graphtech piezos better than the LR Baggs piezos in the rest of the line, I'm not at all sure that a JTV-69 is an upgrade; I much prefer the flatter radius and neck profile, the jumbo frets, the 24-fret neck and the control placement of the 89 series.