Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

UX2 - OSX 10.11 El Capitan - No sound

Same here no sound on my Mac, Have a problem also with my Mac on Yosemite, Luckily my main studio Mac is still on Mavericks! how poor is that Line 6? Last ever line 6 product we will buy! get it sorted today Line 6 or you will lose everyone else too!

The beta OS was available for about 8 months. They had 8 months to be updated. Laziness is bad. Probably because they don't receive any money by updating this drivers and also they customers will not change their audio devices... 

Most likely sometime after the OS is released. They don't typically update before release.

I've just encountered the same problem with my POD HD500 on Mac OS X El Captain Official Release version 10.11.

As you may know, I'm using HD500 as USB audio interface, I tried to record an audio track with Logic pro X, but I have no sound.

I think audio meter on Logic doesn't work right now.

Is there any solution for this and Is there anyone who knows the driver updated schedule from Line6 or Apple ?

Thank you for your help in advance.

I had forgotten about why I uninstalled the Beta version of El Capitan until I upgraded to the public release. Now I remember why ! Ooops.

Anyway, until Line6 create a new Driver (If they do) it's easier to go back to your Time Machine backup with Yosemite running. That way you can get your projects underway or completed.

Think of situations like this as though Apple haven't actually delivered this OSX upgrade yet and will happen in a few months. After all it isn't compulsory to upgrade to El Capitan right ?

I'm really hoping Line6 do release a driver for this unit as it would be a shame to have to buy something else.

I might have a scrounge on eBay to see what's kicking about.

Tony

I think whats happening is they are working from their newest stuff down to the older equipment.  Ive seen El Capitan drivers for some of their other products which I assume are newer than the POD Studio UX2 that some of us have here.

I hope to see drivers soon because now, after Ive figured out all my software issues, I cant record audio and if im foreced to buy some other product, then im going report this as bad support.

You guys knew this was coming and should have been ahead of the game like other products were.  I had to wait on Yosimite and now I have to wait on El Capitan.  Yes it sucks that everythime Apple releases and new OS, the drivers get jacked but still, the OS beta has been out for some time now and there is no driver availale after the public release.

I betcha if some big time superstar using the UX2 called bit...........ing, they would have drivers out to them that day.

Come on guys.  I really wannna keep and use this device.  I know it cant be that dang hard.

it would be at least very friendly to tell your customers an ETA for the drivers. Are we talking about a few days or a few weeks? I cannot go back to Yosemite and everything else is running well. If it will take too much time I have to consider switching to other Audio hardware.

To those of you freaking out, use this opportunity to learn the lesson that a lot of us have learned already: Don't upgrade to a new version of OS X until you check that your hardware is supported. Or at the very least wait a couple weeks or so. Since Apple releases a new update to OS X quite often, you're never missing out on much. 

• Upvote 3

Sage advice zmeadows.

If you really have that 'big name' in the studio tomorrow (yeah, right) or the final sessions for your debut album do not change anything on a working system. Personally I chose Windows 7 for my new computer for this very reason and will stay on it till it drops.

i upgrade yesterday to Mac OSX El Capitan and the sound dont work, y reinstales a few times and is the same, i will buy other sound card cause i have lot of work to do and i cant stop,I have a message for Line 6 should prevent that there will be upgrade because there are now millions of customers who are left hanging by their incopetence, this is how customers are lost, I one of them, hang a greeting

Seriously, Line 6 is hardly alone in this. I feel these updates always cause disruptions in the MI world. Was just reading somewhere how MOTU issued a statement telling users to hold off on upgrading. El Capitan broke Microsoft Office installations on Macs. The thing is that companies simply can't live in a way so there always just reacting to what Apple decides to do.

Seriously, Line 6 is hardly alone in this. I feel these updates always cause disruptions in the MI world. Was just reading somewhere how MOTU issued a statement telling users to hold off on upgrading. El Capitan broke Microsoft Office installations on Macs. The thing is that companies simply can't live in a way so there always just reacting to what Apple decides to do.

But that's the goal of a beta version !

My studio is dead in the water because of a late to market driver and still no communication from Line 6 as to an ETA?

I can't afford to rely on such un-professional gear.. time to replace my Line 6 stuff with something that I can rely on.

P!ssed off.

....or an early to market updater.... hmmm

My studio is dead in the water because of a late to market driver and still no communication from Line 6 as to an ETA?

I can't afford to rely on such un-professional gear.. time to replace my Line 6 stuff with something that I can rely on.

P!ssed off.

I've been using Line 6 gear (Toneport UX2 and HD500) for years and I've been mostly happy with it. I use it as an amateur musician, I'm not going to suffer financially or professionally if for some reason it stops working, like it does now because of the new MacOS. It's happened again in the past, anyway. But I can't help but think about all of you guys who are using Line6 gear to make a living. What baffles me is if I give a damn about other people's hardware problems, why doesn't Line6 seem to do so? As it's been mentioned above, there were beta testing versions of El Capitan out many months ago, so anyone (along with computer hardware making companies) interested would test it and make sure that their products worked 100% on release. If you guys at Line 6 are serious about what you sell to people, you should have made sure no problems would exist with each and every gear model you have made available to the public. Otherwise it seems to me like you are content with being tagged as a cost effective guitar effects manufacturer for amateur players, like me. If that's what you're happy with, fine by me. Just don't be offended when the pros look the other way when someone mentions your company in the future, because of the unreliability and lack of support. It's just a shame because the products "per se" are really good pieces of kit for the money.

• Upvote 1

I use a GX with pod farm 2.5 with logic pro 9 and they have both stopped working. a split second of muffled sound is all I get if I switch between outputs. I tried uninstalling the pod farm and drivers to start again and now can't get them back. 

When will this be fixed?? I use it daily and need it back. 

• Upvote 1

I've been using Line 6 gear (Toneport UX2 and HD500) for years and I've been mostly happy with it. I use it as an amateur musician, I'm not going to suffer financially or professionally if for some reason it stops working, like it does now because of the new MacOS. It's happened again in the past, anyway. But I can't help but think about all of you guys who are using Line6 gear to make a living. What baffles me is if I give a damn about other people's hardware problems, why doesn't Line6 seem to do so? As it's been mentioned above, there were beta testing versions of El Capitan out many months ago, so anyone (along with computer hardware making companies) interested would test it and make sure that their products worked 100% on release. If you guys at Line 6 are serious about what you sell to people, you should have made sure no problems would exist with each and every gear model you have made available to the public. Otherwise it seems to me like you are content with being tagged as a cost effective guitar effects manufacturer for amateur players, like me. If that's what you're happy with, fine by me. Just don't be offended when the pros look the other way when someone mentions your company in the future, because of the unreliability and lack of support. It's just a shame because the products "per se" are really good pieces of kit for the money.

Frankly, if people are really pros, as in they're depending on their software and hardware as a source of income, they wouldn't update to a new OS the first day, first week, or first month it's available. That's just silly.

I depend on very expensive software every day to do my day job. I put off updating stuff as long as possible just because I know there's a risk of it causing disruptions. We always try to schedule things so we do updates during a time when we aren't faced with critical deadlines.

• Upvote 2