Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

UX2 - OSX 10.11 El Capitan - No sound

guys, just wanted to update everyone on this. I just updated to the latest OS X  public beta and my Line 6 ux2 now works as expected, as well as my native instruments plugins! just letting everyone know.

Pleased to confirm this has worked for me also.

Obviously make sure you back up before trying a beta update!

Apple specifications for drivers are very narrow. So i understand the position of line6 and others vendors.

In my case i have  vu meters on my tone port kb37 and they work correctly but the sound is mute. The volume is off but monitoring of the sound work? very strange. It's seems that someone have lowered the volume to zero without asking to line6 ...( for instance tim cook?)

Confirming as well that OSX 10.11.1 Beta (15B30a) fixes the issue.

Sigh....

I can confirm as well, that OSX 10.11.1 Beta does fix the audio issue!!!!

I am using a POD Studio UX1 with my Mac and I had the known audio problems since July '15 (like tonyjross) when installing the first beta of El Capitan. 

Since 2 days I have the OSX 10.11.1 beta installed and it is working perfectly with my Mac and the Software I use (PODFarm2 & GarageBand).

So good luck installing the Beta of ElCapitan, in case needed, the link to register for Beta Updates of OSX 10.11 is here

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

Cheers    \m/      :)

Hi,

you mean, OS x el capitan 10.11 right? because I run on OS X el capitan, have all the drivers, USB firmware, Licence manager, licence monkey, pod farm 2 up to date but still no sounds for me :(

We're talking about the latest public beta 10.11.1 - if you want to install it, go to developer.apple.com and create an account - then go to beta.apple.com and find the OSX link. Once you register your mac as a beta tester, your app store updater will then have a new update available, which will be the new Beta. 

Being an apple developer is $100/year, though I can't confirm if that applies only to iOS dev or if it also applies to beta. 

You do NOT want to pay $100 just to download this beta unless you will lose more than $100 by waiting. It'll be out in a few days I imagine, for free.

guys, just wanted to update everyone on this. I just updated to the latest OS X  public beta and my Line 6 ux2 now works as expected, as well as my native instruments plugins! just letting everyone know.

Yes, I can confirm that 10.11.1 seems to have fixed the issues I was having with ux2. I think it's todo with validation of drivers & El Capitan being stricter about what it loads.

I can confirm as well, that OSX 10.11.1 Beta does fix the audio issue!!!!

I am using a POD Studio UX1 with my Mac and I had the known audio problems since July '15 (like tonyjross) when installing the first beta of El Capitan. 

Since 2 days I have the OSX 10.11.1 beta installed and it is working perfectly with my Mac and the Software I use (PODFarm2 & GarageBand).

So good luck installing the Beta of ElCapitan, in case needed, the link to register for Beta Updates of OSX 10.11 is here

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

Cheers    \m/      :)

It is true!! My UX1 is working in OS X 10.11.1 perfectly. 

In my opinion El Capitan is the best operating systems since Snow Leopard. Now I can enjoy it with sound...  :D

Thanks! 

Thanks guys, I ll have to wait then coz un europe we just have 10.11 for the moment!

Cheers!

Talking about beta of El Capitan 10.11.1 with you can have f you subscribe to public beta program

i'm in France and i'm running it 

Talking about beta of El Capitan 10.11.1 with you can have f you subscribe to public beta program

Russia here, I can confirm, just started new beta 10.11.1 - sound from Pod Studio GX is back, everything is working, even my old Izotope Ozone 4 plugin in Adobe Audition. I suggest to everyone - make a backup via Time Machine, and just try new beta 10.11.1 !

Indeed, no need to be a developer to get access to the beta version, I am on the public beta channel as well.

FYI, Apple is updating again today ElCapitan, the version seems to be still OS 10.11.1 . In the notes they say, it will improve stability and compatibility, let's cross fingers  - I will install and hope the audio still works afterwards ......  :D

Cheers

Anyone on here with a TonePort GX that can confirm it working?

I downgraded to Yosemite, and I'm too afraid to test it out and having to wipe my computer again if it doesn't work.

Dude you shouldn't have any issue using it with yosemite drivers are approved by Line6

stop shakin' go rockin' !

Unfortunately both times I've tried to load the beta version it's failed as 'cannot verify'. I am signed on correctly and my Mac is only about 6 weeks old. Looks like I'll need to wait for Line6 to sort their stuff out. In the meantime I cannot record onto my Mac from my POD HD500X....very annoyed that El Capitan has caused this.

Had UX2 for about three years. Experienced occasional crashes after unplugging the device (on both my PC and Mac) for about two years. Finally it got fixed. Now this. After I plugged in my UX2 and got no sound on El Capitan, I sold it the next day and bought a Focusrite Scarlett. I'm just fed up with this driver crap. Bye Line6.

Had UX2 for about three years. Experienced occasional crashes after unplugging the device (on both my PC and Mac) for about two years. Finally it got fixed. Now this. After I plugged in my UX2 and got no sound on El Capitan, I sold it the next day and bought a Focusrite Scarlett. I'm just fed up with this driver crap. Bye Line6.

I'm following you out the door.

Interesting to see these threads full of fan boys who are blaming Apple for "breaking" the code that worked in beta. Do they know for a fact that Line 6's code conformed to Apple's standards? And how do they explain that other vendors' drivers are working with the production release of El Capitan?

No I think this is more a case of sloppy project management by Line 6, and limited resources directed toward producing other products.

Sorry if I'm not a fan boy.

Many other manufacturers are having problems with 10.11 as well.  Line 6 is hardly the only one.  Looks Apple broke this, and they are fixing it in 10.11.1, which is currently in beta release.  Take a look at this link and you'll see quite a few manufacturers having problems with El Capitan https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-8801

Many other manufacturers are having problems with 10.11 as well.  Line 6 is hardly the only one.  Looks Apple broke this, and they are fixing it in 10.11.1, which is currently in beta release.  Take a look at this link and you'll see quite a few manufacturers having problems with El Capitan https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-8801

My Avid M-Audio Fast Track Ultra still does not work with the current 10.11.1 beta, I am still on Yosemite on my main machine.