Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

UX2 - OSX 10.11 El Capitan - No sound

BTW, not a single AVID product works with El Capitan so far. Line 6 is not alone. Avid also does NOT communicate with it's clients.

lollipop this lollipop, I am finally going to buy a Focusrite Scarlett for my next interface.

BTW, not a single AVID product works with El Capitan so far. Line 6 is not alone. Avid also does NOT communicate with it's clients.

lollipop this lollipop, I am finally going to buy a Focusrite Scarlett for my next interface.

The Scarlett is a great piece of gear but i actually only use line 6's products because of how well priced and diverse Podfarm is, such a shame they haven't got the new drivers yet. I want to record.

So frustrated.  Time to buy another interface.  Done with Line 6.  Got rid of both of my Line 6 amps last year and gonna get rid of my UX2 and be done with this company for good.  Terrible customer service and support.  Software so locked down you have to jump through hoops to use it even when you've paid top dollar of it.  Now it won't work at all.  Bad enough they dropped the ball so badly not having drivers ready, but the lack of communication regarding a fix is rediculous.  1 Undated post saying they're working on it and no follow ups at all for weeks?  really??  

Sorry Line 6 you have lost what was once a repeat customer, now I wouldn't use any of your gear if it was free.  

Whilst I understand it should be common sense not to upgrade your OS before you know that everything works on it, I can also understand the frustration that isn't helped by Line 6 doing this every year or with any similar situation. I own a UX1, but I have installed El Capitan knowing that I'm going to buy a Boss GT-001 so I'm not in any urgent need to use POD Farm, but it is frustrating to see that their product flat out does not work and they have yet to update us on any progress. The last update on the situation was a while back now and it would be nice to at least know the team is working on it.

It's hard to take Line 6 as a serious company when they drop the ball on almost every product under £300. I get that it takes a while to figure out the problem, test the solution and send it out, but the beta has been out for testers and developers for months to see if there would be any future problems. Clearly Line 6 has dropped the ball here and they've done more than let down their customers, there's people actually ditching the product. The very least they could do is let us know they're working on it.

I think the point here is this: this is line6's site and there's a thread here with their customers just politely asking for any further info.    Wouldn't it just be good customer service to at least reply with anything?!   They are making themselves seem stupid and rude.

What else is there to say about it? They've said they're working on an updated driver. They're not going to give a release date, because, well, they never do, and they likely really can't be because it's one of those "its done when it's done" sort of things. What else could they possibly say that would help people?

• Upvote 1

The same problem. I don´t have sound in the computer with El Capitan. In addition when I instal the drivers in El Capitan, my computer restarts all the time. Only stop when I disconnect the UX1. 

It is a problem because I like a lot the new OS X but I just stay in Yosemite only for the Line 6 drivers...  

I will wait one week more to the new drivers but I am already thinking change/sell my UX1.

their answer "in a few days / weeks, probably in the month of October

El Capitan is not yet supported. A new pilot will be available soon:
We-have Discovered year incompatibility of the Line 6 USB audio driver Version 7.3.8 and Mac OS 10.11 El Capitan.
 After updating to Mac OS 10.11 Will the Line 6 USB audio driver no audio pass along.
 Line 6 Apps That Rely on this driver, for example Line 6 Monkey, The Therefore Will not allow audio hardware exchange process or configuration.
We highly recommend you do not update to Mac OS 10.11 El Capitan in order to Maintain Proper Line 6 USB audio driver functions on.
We apologize for the inconvenience and We Will publish an updated driver soon.

The Following Line 6 devices are affected:
Bass PODxt
Bass PODxt Live
Bass PODxt Pro
GuitarPort
POD HD
POD HD Pro
POD HD300
POD HD400
POD HD500
POD HD500X
POD Studio GX
POD Studio KB37
POD Studio UX1
POD Studio UX2
POD X3
POD X3 Live
POD X3 Pro
PODxt
PODxt Live
PODxt Pro
TonePort DI-Gold
TonePort DI Silver
TonePort GX
TonePort KB37
TonePort UX1
TonePort UX2
TonePort UX8
StageScape M20d"
  • Downvote 1

Well.  Update OS for other reasons that are nearly as important as music...like, you know, work.  And come to find out Line 6 dropped the ball on having drivers ready by the time the public release was ready.  Jus' saying' that's like being late for your prom date....just don't work.

Love how the sticky is not date/time stamped.  Who knows how long it's been posted.

Seriously, in today's world this should not happen.  El Capitan was in "public" beta since July.  Private beta since what, April/May?  And they don't have "updated drivers yet?

Glad I'm not a serious musician using serious tools for serious work.  I just self produce my albums and to be honest this is horse lollipop.

Agreed - it seems to be a general problem with Line6, similar thing happened with the Amplifi amp, rendered unusable when iOS 9 came out even though they'd had months of notice that the remote app didn't work on the beta.

And to anyone that thinks that's ok, Line6 issued an apology to users and promised they'd made changes to ensure it didn't happen again, so they agree this is unacceptable.

It's really dented my confidence in what are generally great products. I think the focus as in so many companies is in shifting new product.

Line 6 products have been always great to me, but now I just can't use them... It' been a long time since Line 6 knew of the driver problem with El Capitan... and there's no fix yet... I'm planning on selling my TonePort UX2 and get an interface that actually works with the latest OS X, I have a ton of backlog work because of Line 6 incompetence...

LOL  :D Bye Bye Line 6... After one week without any sounds on my Macs you can buy my products on eBay! THX to my Native Instruments Interface: It's possible to make some music -  and I like it. Ups?! Public Beta of El Capitan since half of a year? Generate a driver? That's the joke of the year! Today I've been connected with all my iOS and Mac OS X Systems. If they go on step ahead, the 3rd parties have to follow. And if they don't... Some people with Windows would love to buy the thrash! :lol:   

Come on Line 6. I've got a gig tomorrow and supposed to use the KB37 for all my guitar & mic stuff, looks like this isn't going to happen and looking for a workaround now. Been checking this thread since updating (of course I didn't check El Capitan was compatible - just assumed it would be! How wrong was i!

their answer "in a few days / weeks, probably in the month of October

El Capitan is not yet supported. A new pilot will be available soon:
We-have Discovered year incompatibility of the Line 6 USB audio driver Version 7.3.8 and Mac OS 10.11 El Capitan.
 After updating to Mac OS 10.11 Will the Line 6 USB audio driver no audio pass along.
 Line 6 Apps That Rely on this driver, for example Line 6 Monkey, The Therefore Will not allow audio hardware exchange process or configuration.
We highly recommend you do not update to Mac OS 10.11 El Capitan in order to Maintain Proper Line 6 USB audio driver functions on.
We apologize for the inconvenience and We Will publish an updated driver soon.

The Following Line 6 devices are affected:
Bass PODxt
Bass PODxt Live
Bass PODxt Pro
GuitarPort
POD HD
POD HD Pro
POD HD300
POD HD400
POD HD500
POD HD500X
POD Studio GX
POD Studio KB37
POD Studio UX1
POD Studio UX2
POD X3
POD X3 Live
POD X3 Pro
PODxt
PODxt Live
PODxt Pro
TonePort DI-Gold
TonePort DI Silver
TonePort GX
TonePort KB37
TonePort UX1
TonePort UX2
TonePort UX8
StageScape M20d"

And you people have discovered this bug on October 8th??? The beta of El Capitan OSX was available over 8 months prior to release. Laziness is a bad thing (particularly when you're trying to maintain customers). If Apple go on step ahead, the 3rd parties have to follow. And if you can´t... Some kids fooling around with Windows Crappy OS would love to buy your thrash! Who's the idiot that runs the company? tell him that those who put the money in his pockets are the customers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

And you people have discovered this bug on October 8th??? The beta of El Capitan OSX was available over 8 months prior to release. Laziness is a bad thing (particularly when you're trying to maintain customers). If Apple go on step ahead, the 3rd parties have to follow. And if you can´t... Some kids fooling around with Windows Crappy OS would love to buy your thrash! Who's the idiot that runs the company? tell him that those who put the money in his pockets are the customers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no ! i wrote to them and they answered to me and that's all 

Come on Line 6. I've got a gig tomorrow and supposed to use the KB37 for all my guitar & mic stuff, looks like this isn't going to happen and looking for a workaround now. Been checking this thread since updating (of course I didn't check El Capitan was compatible - just assumed it would be! How wrong was i!

Well you know the story behind 'assume'. The solution would be to revert to Yosemite and get your system working.

You've learned the hard way one shouldn't update any part (not just the OS) of a working system just before a major event like a gig or recording session. I'm surprised how many people still don't get this. Professionals do not do this. In fact they often have systems most would find archaic, but then they make money on those systems day in day out and time is money.

Anyway your solution is Yosemite, there are articles on how to do this on-line.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well you know the story behind 'assume'. The solution would be to revert to Yosemite and get your system working.

You've learned the hard way one shouldn't update any part (not just the OS) of a working system just before a major event like a gig or recording session. I'm surprised how many people still don't get this. Professionals do not do this. In fact they often have systems most would find archaic, but then they make money on those systems day in day out and time is money.

Anyway your solution is Yosemite, there are articles on how to do this on-line.

It would be if I'd had a Time Machine back up  (only just got a Mac!)- the ironic thing is I've just switched over to Mac from Windows two weeks ago after being endlessly told how much better Macs were for music, hence the assumption that nothing could go wrong! It has....

I agree I should've checked but thanks for the advice - seems a little complicated to revert back to Yosemite, but I'll have another look.

• Upvote 1

the ironic thing is I've just switched over to Mac from Windows two weeks ago after being endlessly told how much better Macs were for music,

No doubt you were told that by Mac users ;) No computer is better than any other, they're tools. I've used both. If music is your main deal then never update to the latest and greatest. I bought a new PC this year and purposely chose Windows 7 as I knew it worked with all my other software - I don't care if it's not the latest bling OS, it does what I need and plenty powerful enough it is too.

I hear a lot of talk blaming customers for updating too early. As a software developer myself, I get it. If people update to the latest shiny browser and your site breaks, or they update to the latest iOS and your app breaks, it sucks. But guess what? It's not the customers' fault. The burden is on the software company to coordinate compatibility releases around platform releases. Line 6, just like all of us here, trusted Apple to not introduce any breaking changes - which is absolutely ludicrous because that's all Apple ever does. Every Apple release comes with a nicely packaged middle finger.

In case you're wondering why they do that, it's so their new releases are not bloated with backwards-compatibility patches like Windows is. Apple is a hardware company who just happens to write software to support their hardware releases. They really don't give a hoot if your Line 6 works or not because there's no Apple logo on your POD. 

I feel it's safe to say all of us would feel a lot better if we got status reports every few hours from Line 6 on how the driver is coming along and when we can expect it. Lots of software firms do that on their support forums. It's engaging, satisfying to customers and builds loyalty and morale. A static "it'll be out when it's out" message makes people want to spend money elsewhere.

• Upvote 6

No doubt you were told that by Mac users ;) No computer is better than any other, they're tools. I've used both. If music is your main deal then never update to the latest and greatest. I bought a new PC this year and purposely chose Windows 7 as I knew it worked with all my other software - I don't care if it's not the latest bling OS, it does what I need and plenty powerful enough it is too.

Don't blame the customer on this... It's Line 6 responsibility to make sure all software is up-to-date before a mayor release, like a new OS.

Line 6 just don't care about us losing the usability of various amounts of expensive kit. If you can't use it any longer then you'll be buying a new one right...... 

If so it will not be from line 6, I've had nothing but troubles from the start, I can't even reinstall pod farm any longer as the line 6 installer will not accept the OS X version beyond 10.9 as they don't look for 2 decimal places. ???????

All these comments and not a single reply from Line 6, they must be working so hard on a fix,,,,, yea right. 

I think its time Line 6 woke up and listened to its customer base instead of completely ignoring us all. 

Don't blame the customer on this... It's Line 6 responsibility to make sure all software is up-to-date before a mayor release, like a new OS.

I'm not apportioning blame. Blame Line 6 all you want but it won't get you a working system for that gig tomorrow, which is what that particular user needed.

You can either sit back on a working system or update and get no sound but at least you're not to blame and can take the moral high ground. I know where I'd rather be. I'm just being practical.

I was just reading the Avid forums, aka, the maker of Pro Tools, the supposed industry standard, has told their customers to put off updating to El Capitan as well. Avid's position is basically that they never qualify their software on beta version of an OS, but only after the public version has been released. At least Line 6 isn't charging a subscription fee.

Here is the same:

From Digitech:

Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan Operating System Notification

In anticipation of the launch of Apple’s latest update to the Mac OS X 10.11 Operating System (OS X El Capitan), please note the following:

The correct operation of the full, public release of this platform is not yet verified by our development and test departments. As a result, support for OS X El Capitan is not currently offered for DigiTech digital hardware, software applications, or third-party proprietary software used with our product ranges. We cannot confirm a date for providing support for this platform at present, but note that full software testing and verification will commence following the official launch by Apple.

To keep your system working normally with the affected products, DigiTech strongly recommends waiting before upgrading your operating system to OS X 10.11 El Capitan until full software testing and verification has been completed.

Windows 10 Operating System Notification

The correct operation of the full, public release of Windows 10 is not yet verified by our development and test departments. As a result, support for Windows 10 is not currently offered for DigiTech digital hardware, software applications, or third-party proprietary software used with our products. We cannot confirm a date for providing support for Windows 10, but note that full software testing and verification is underway.

To keep your system working normally with the affected products, DigiTech strongly recommends waiting before upgrading your operating system to Windows 10 until full software testing and verification has been completed.

• Downvote 1

guys, just wanted to update everyone on this. I just updated to the latest OS X  public beta and my Line 6 ux2 now works as expected, as well as my native instruments plugins! just letting everyone know.

If this is all due to an overlooked bug in OSX I can see why all these vendors are taking their time with new drivers - they're likely just waiting for Apple to patch it on their end. I hope line 6 isn't writing a driver to support a bug that will go away in a few days.

• Upvote 1

I've just updated to last beta and i'll receive my UX2 tomorrow 

i will give feedback (if nobody have tested it)

If this is all due to an overlooked bug in OSX I can see why all these vendors are taking their time with new drivers - they're likely just waiting for Apple to patch it on their end. I hope line 6 isn't writing a driver to support a bug that will go away in a few days.

that's exactly why they are doing this 

devs probably spot the bug and returned it to apple that's why beta solve the problem

be patient 

c ya

guys, just wanted to update everyone on this. I just updated to the latest OS X  public beta and my Line 6 ux2 now works as expected, as well as my native instruments plugins! just letting everyone know.

Thanks man, i will try that right now