Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to put ep booster in a chain?

nickzxd

Hi guys,

I have an ep booster, and when i use a real amp, i put it in the loop of the amp. it works quite well.

but when i put ep booster in the fx loop of hd500, it makes much noise and cannot perform as well as putting in the loop of real amp.

Does anyone have good suggestion about putting an ep booster in the hd500 chain?

Or can anyone tell me which part of the chain works as a loop of real amp?  so that  i can try to put ep booster in that part.

thanks,

That loop in the POD doesn't play nice with many pedals.  It'll either work or not.  If you're looking for a clean volume boost...run a short jumper cable between the send/rtn of the POD loop, place an effects loop block in your chain of you preset and assign it to toggle on and off to a pedal.

• Upvote 1

That loop in the POD doesn't play nice with many pedals.  It'll either work or not.  If you're looking for a clean volume boost...run a short jumper cable between the send/rtn of the POD loop, place an effects loop block in your chain of you preset and assign it to toggle on and off to a pedal.

do you mean.... a short jumper cable in the fx loop = a clean booster?

do you mean.... a short jumper cable in the fx loop = a clean booster?

Yes sir.  Like a master volume boost.  Like an amp that has a solo knob.  You need to also place an FX block into the signal chain in the preset, assign it to a button to turn it on and off.  Adjusting the return level as your solo volume control.  The cable that would physically be plugged into the pod's send/return allows the loop to be activated.

• Upvote 1

Might not work but where you have the boost but for something close to real Effect loop make sure you place the Pod loop post-amp.  If you want to put the EP boost in front (would be the location I would use but turned on then it drive the amp maybe touch of distortion used that way) then maybe try putting the boost in front of the POD entirely.

Some will say pedals don't work well in front of the pod, but that's where I use my EP Booster.  I don't use it so much as a boost but more of a tone shaper and it stays on all the time.  I'm also using a Plimsoul after the EP then into the HD500X.  Currently it's staying on all the time too and I use my volume pots to control the level of drive/distortion.  Bottom line is whether it works for you1