Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Taking Variax to get setup

I just got my Variax and i'm loving it but i definitely like the guitar tech i usually go to for my guitars set it up for me. Is there anything special they need to keep min mind when setting it up, especially with the Floyd Rose on it?

Also, has anyone else been experiencing serious issues with finger tapping? I haven't updated the guitar or anything, so i'm not sure if that will fix it, but i'm tapping anything above the 12th fret the tapping just doesn't register. 

thanks

I just got my Variax and i'm loving it but i definitely like the guitar tech i usually go to for my guitars set it up for me. Is there anything special they need to keep min mind when setting it up, especially with the Floyd Rose on it?

Also, has anyone else been experiencing serious issues with finger tapping? I haven't updated the guitar or anything, so i'm not sure if that will fix it, but i'm tapping anything above the 12th fret the tapping just doesn't register. 

thanks

Aside from the piezos being a bit more sensitive to fret-buzz than a mag pickup, there's nothing particularly mystifying about setting up a Variax. The tapping issue does seem odd, however...haven't seen that particular complaint before. Tapping is not a huge part of my sersenal, but I've never had an issue with in on the JTV.

yeah for some reason its only if i'm like, holding 12th fret and tapping like 17th/19th/20th they go away. If i'm holding something like, 7th and tapping 14th/16th its fine. its only when i go really high.

I hope there isn't anything wrong with getting thick gauge strings then? I just don't know how much of the variax is hardware dependent on the actual guitar.