Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

App for Windows 10 devices possible now? Porting from Android/iOS is now super easy...

parijatmishra

So, anyone who has been following the development of Windows 10 (which is mere weeks away from release) would know that Microsoft has developed special tools for an effortless way for developers to "port" Android/iOS apps to Windows 10 devices.

I know there were no plans earlier to release Amplifi Remote for Windows, either for mobile or desktop. But now, with Windows 10 making it so easy to just use the existing code (from the above link - "Candy Crush Saga as it exists today on Windows Phone has been converted from iOS code using Microsoft’s tools without many modifications."), should the Windows Phone and PC users among us have some hope for a release? Hey, you guys did it for Apple Watch. :)

Unless I've understood wrong, since apps are almost "universal" in Win10, a mobile app AND a PC software can be made by basically re-using your existing code. I'm just trying to repeatedly point out that this will take little effort, and will have HUGE advantages, both for your users and your company.  ;)

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...