Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi App on iOS 9

marsdaddy

TheRealZap,

I am not sure if you realize this or not but there are a bunch of VERY angry people in this specific forum that have a product they purchased for good money and now it has been rendered practically useless without the main controlling application Amplifi Remote on IOS 9. I am not sure exactly what a Line 6 Expert is supposed to do but you are only fanning the flames and not really helping Line 6 in this case. This specific thread is labeled Amplifi App on iOS 9, not ​Amplifi App on Android. We all realize the Amplifi App runs on Android but we are not Android users. Trust me when I say this, if any of us had an Android device we would have done that long ago.

Your comment "ios9 has been out for 2 weeks... sorry but the timer doesn't start when you decide...." is absolutely the worst thing you could possibly say to this group. Do you even understand why Apple "as well as Microsoft, RedHat, etc, etc..) release beta code to developers (in this case Line 6)?

Well let me tell you it is for this exact predicament that Line 6 is in and so companies don't end up with a product that no longer functions and thus eliminate "VERY angry people".  This specific problem was documented in this forum on July 31st with the thread "IOS 9 (beta): Amplifi app shuts down when Bluetooth connection is made". This alone should have had the alarm bells going off in Line 6.

Apple released IOS 9 Beta 1 on June 8th immediately after the keynote at the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference and that my friend is when the timer starts.   To be clear the release date was Sept 16th for IOS 9 and the Amplifi App should have been ready.

While I don't have a clue when they actually started or what the issues are they should at least start using the Apple beta testing app TestFlight that allows users the ability to test controlled betas that Line 6 chooses to release to help report issues from their loyal customers. I for one have an old iPhone 5 and would be happy to beta test to provide valuable user based input for their product.

full support!

I installed the updated AMPLIFi Remote on my iPad which is running iOS 9. The FX100 still won't stay connected to the iPad via Bluetooth. Now I need to decide if I want to continue to control the FX100 exclusively with my iPhone, which seems to work fine, or return the FX100 for a refund.

I agree that it is not acceptable that several weeks passed before Line 6 updated their AMPLIFi Remote app. However, I would like to point out that there are no in app purchases available in the AMPLIFi app, so there is no additional revenue generated for Line 6 by the app. In the larger scheme of things, this means that consumers can always expect other business considerations to take priority and resources over the support of 'after the sale' items such as the update of software or firmware. I'm not saying it is right or defending Line 6, I'm just pointing it out.

So?,... How long are we AmpliFi users supposed to wait to hear something, anything, back from Line 6 about the fix for the IOS 9 bug? Tic Toc Tic Toc. While I'm waiting (and rather that in looking into and ording a new HELIX rack and controller) I think I'll start looking in to Kemper products,....

Line 6,... Are you listening?,... Say something, anything,...

So?,... How long are we AmpliFi users supposed to wait to hear something, anything, back from Line 6 about the fix for the IOS 9 bug? Tic Toc Tic Toc. While I'm waiting (and rather that in looking into and ording a new HELIX rack and controller) I think I'll start looking in to Kemper products,....

Line 6,... Are you listening?,... Say something, anything,...

The update has been out for 2 days now.  Maybe instead of making empty threats you should pay more attention.

The update has been out for 2 days now.  Maybe instead of making empty threats you should pay more attention.

Yup. For two days with the update I've continued to have the same problem as everyone else on this thread before the update. Does the update work for you? I'm with everyone else who is seriously thinking of looking elsewhere for a better customer experience. Oh, and I'll be paying attention to see if Line 6 comes out with an update that actually fixes the problem.

Well - I  removed the app today downloaded the app again from the store and my IOS9 works again! Hope that they understand that we expect more from Line 6 in the future in light of this debacle. I'm back and it works BETTER than before as well!!

I tried this and it's still not working for me. I even tried forgetting and rediscovering the amp. Also tried restarting IOS 9, still no luck. The app acts as if its working, but the amp sounds do not change when a tone is loaded or edited. Also the tuner function on the app does not work - it acts as if it is not getting any signal. Any suggestions to get it working? Am I the only one still having problems?

I tried this and it's still not working for me. I even tried forgetting and rediscovering the amp. Also tried restarting IOS 9, still no luck. The app acts as if its working, but the amp sounds do not change when a tone is loaded or edited. Also the tuner function on the app does not work - it acts as if it is not getting any signal. Any suggestions to get it working? Am I the only one still having problems?

My iPhone 6 stays connected fairly well, but still no luck with my iPad 2. Both are now running iOS 9 with the latest version of AMPLIFi Remote. What kind of device are you using?

Before we all get excited, I think ejingus is absolutely right! THE APP DOESN'T WORK! Have installed on both iphone and ipad. Bluetooth connection is fine and stable. Plays music library fine. Accesses the tone library and displays - but if you select one, or edit any aspect of the settings, it makes absolutely no difference to what is played through the guitar.

Hi rick7525. I'm using an iphone6, and just like sgapper says, stays connected and streams music, but nothing more. Also, I've checked out the app store reviews and since the update, most are negative, citing that the only improvement is that it doesn't crash.

You say that the app stays connected on your iphone, but can you hear any difference when you load tones or edit? If so, could you let us know what steps you took when installing, turning on the amp, connecting, etc,.? 

Mine is working now. Like probably many of us, I hadn't updated the amp's firmware since purchase. Since the updated IOS 9 app wouldn't work with my amp, I assumed that I would not be able to update the firmware. I decided to give it a shot for the hell of it, and it worked. The firmware on the amp was updated (to the Dec 11, 2014 version 2.10.00) AND the app works now too!

I suggest trying this if you haven't updated your firmware to the latest available, and are still having connection issues. It's worth a shot. 

Apple changed a lot since iOS 7. When I was on iOS 6, things worked fine. No drop outs, no iPad restarts, and streaming music and editing Amplifi Remote work just fine. When iOS 7 came out, problems started. I had a Support Ticket from Line 6 about the app dropping connection with the amp. This was about a year ago and all Line 6 support said was they know of the problem and are working on it. Now we are at iOS 9 and more problems exist. A lot of users are loosing faith on Line 6 and I have been seeing a lot of Amplifi 75 and 150's at resale and pawn shops. Every week I hunt down good guitar finds and this past week I have been seeing a lot of Line 6 amps. The word I got in an email from Line 6 is that they are working on a firmware update. I guess till then we are all just screwed. Line 6 had plenty of time to update the firmware from iOS 7 to fix the problems. I think Line 6 support lost interest in the Amplifi line and are working on bigger and better units. MORE PROBLEMS.......  

Not trying to defend L6. Just wanted to share a possibilty for some of those out there who are still trying to get theirs to work. ejcusa1, I commend you on your patience with L6. Waiting so long for a fix, yeesh! I feel as though I've been lured in, and disappointed a few times now by L6. When I bought the amp, I was blown away by the responsiveness to my playing, and that's what why I kept it. For the price, it was awesome. Now, once again I am singing "We won't get fooled again." 

Welcome to the world of amplifi! I have the same problem, Line 6 customer service tells me it's something wrong with the amp and to take it to a service center. Ever since the release of iOS 9 I've had a really expensive Bluetooth speaker in the corner of my studio. Wish they would fix it!!!!

• 2 months later...