Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Don't use SD cards higher than 2 gig

maidpromn

My JM4 was crashing/restarting anytime I tried to save a project to the SD card. I called customer service and learned that SD cards larger than 2 gigs will cause this to happen. I had an 8 gig card in my unit.

So I removed the 8 gig card and the issues was resolved. Reason? For some reason (sorry I didn't get any details from the Line 6 rep I spoke with) when the JM4 was released the largest SD cards out there were only 2 gigs. So in my case when it tried to access an 8 gig card it simply didn't know what to do, freaked out, and executed a re-boot. I can only can wonder what it would have done had I installed a 32 gig card!.

If the moderator of this forum has a more definitive answer to this issue, I'm sure we'd all appreciate learning more.

The JM4 is really a unique product. It may technically be "old" these days, but it is still a very powerful creative tool.  

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/16/2015 at 3:16 PM, maidpromn said:

My JM4 was crashing/restarting anytime I tried to save a project to the SD card. I called customer service and learned that SD cards larger than 2 gigs will cause this to happen. I had an 8 gig card in my unit.

So I removed the 8 gig card and the issues was resolved. Reason? For some reason (sorry I didn't get any details from the Line 6 rep I spoke with) when the JM4 was released the largest SD cards out there were only 2 gigs. So in my case when it tried to access an 8 gig card it simply didn't know what to do, freaked out, and executed a re-boot. I can only can wonder what it would have done had I installed a 32 gig card!.

If the moderator of this forum has a more definitive answer to this issue, I'm sure we'd all appreciate learning more.

The JM4 is really a unique product. It may technically be "old" these days, but it is still a very powerful creative tool.  

it absolutely is a powerful song building tool, I switched to a headrush Looperboard and it is just too much, im a cyber security guy & its got me paralyzed where I get nothing recorded anymore. thank god ive still got a computer that runs my riffworks by Sonoma wire works, im sure they won't be updating that anymore either so I have to keep an old macbook & not update or I lose that too.