Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Initial editing questions

Drybonz

Hi guys... just got my Amplifi unit and no info on editing basics in the manual that I can find. 

I see that there is a generic "compressor" block, but I can't seem to edit it.  How do I assign a specific pedal (blue, red, vetta, etc) to this block?  Same basic question with the EQ block.

Also, there are "volume" and "wah" blocks taking up space in a tone that I don't want to use them.  How do I delete them to make room for other effect blocks?  I could do this easily with my Pod HD software, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it with the iOS software.

At a glance, it seems that the Remote app is extremely limiting... I hope that I'm missing something obvious and someone can help me out.  Thanks.

The Vol and Wah are fixed blocks and cannot be removed.

Same with the Comp and Reverb (they can be turned off though).

There are basically 3 blocks that can be a Drive/Dynamic, Delay, Mod, or Filter/Synths type effect.

For example, tap Stomp to pull up the parameters, then tap Stomp in the parameters, then tap Type.

The other Comps are under Drive & Dynamics.

Amp/Cab has a similar editing functionality.

So I have 3 editable blocks and I would have to use one of those to use a compressor of my choice (even though there is a dedicated compressor block)?

That is a real shame.  I can see this pedal going back to the store in the near future.

Thanks for the reply.

*edit*  I guess I should add my suggestion to fix this mess... remove the un-editable blocks.

So I have 3 editable blocks and I would have to use one of those to use a compressor of my choice (even though there is a dedicated compressor block)?

That is a real shame.  I can see this pedal going back to the store in the near future.

It's not for everybody, but IMHO it sits well in its price point.

The tones are based off the PODxt algorithms . When compared to the PODxt’s signal chain, the FX100 is a bit more flexible.

I spent the weekend working with the pedal, trying to determine if I could live with it in the long run. 

The 3 main things I'm running into that I don't like are:

1) There are uneditable EQ and compressor blocks that I can't assign one of the EQ or compressor models to.  That makes no sense to me.

2)  I don't like that, after I select my bank and preset, the foot switches don't control an effect.  I have to make a whole new preset with one little effect change to control the effects with the pedal.

3)  Constantly losing bluetooth connectivity.  I saw a thread, below, that a guy had posted in June about having the same problem... no reply from anyone at Line 6.  Impossible to know if the problem is even still being worked on... but it definitely is still happening for some people.