Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix (HX) Modeling Engine in POD Desktop Bean Format?

visualrocker69

They should :)

The bean is the original POD :D

But no, they only have the floor format and the rack format (With own floorboard) so far. You should put the idea to Ideascale.

Not a chance, ever. The Helix engine requires much more DSP capacity and other circuitry than is built into the Pod Hd. They would have to completely re-engineer the Pod Hd hardware - which they did and called it Helix.

EDIT: Ooops... I misunderstood the question. I now realize the OP was asking only about the format of the device. My answer related to the actual POD HD device, not it's format. I have left my response here in case others make the same mistake I did, because it answers the misinterpreted question.

As to the actual question, I strongly doubt that Helix functionality (especially the large display) could be made to fit the Pod Bean format/size. And given that the Helix UI is one of its strong selling points I don't think Line 6 would manufacture a device for it that can't handle the UI. As evidence of this, consider that the Helix Rack is a 3U device - not a 2U device like the Pod HD Pro. They couldn't fit everything required into 2U. Nor can it fit into the Bean format, and offering a larger Bean kinda defeats the purpose.

I'm pretty sure the POD bean concept is gone. The Helix isn't in the POD category, it's in the effects controller category. A big indication that there will be no Helix POD.

The HD POD didn't sell very well. That's why it disappeared so fast. So I'm saying goodbye to the bean. It was fun while it lasted. I'm very sure we'll not see it again. At least not in the foreseeable future.

what is a 3U device?

what is a 2U device?

1U, 2U, 3U, etc... refers to the amount of verticle space a rack mounted device will occupy on the rack.  "U" meaning unit.  1U occupies about 1.75 veriticle inches.  2U occupies twice that amount, 3.5 inches... and so on.

Wikipedia has a "Rack unit" page with an illustration:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rack_unit