Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Congratulations Helix Team!

MegaVox

Congratulations Line 6 Helix Team!

It looks like you have a winner.  The tones sound great from here despite my computer speakers and what not.  From what I can discern, you have developed a product that will compete well with other modelers and will most likely outperform my current rig. I have tweaked my Vox Valvetronix AD60vtx to give me every bit of tone that it can deliver, and it has served me well, but it is now time to upgrade

Last month, when I was about to commit to purchasing a Axe-FX II, I came across Mitch Gallagher’s review from sweetwater.  I was very impressed with the product features and decided to place my purchasing decision on hold.  After reading several forums and viewing these last few videos and listening to the 6 sound clips released today, I am now certain I have made the right decision.  Though I still want an Axe-FX II, (mainly for its sound quality and tone matching capabilities), the excellent layout and ease of use of the Helix will ultimately be the features that will earn my purchase.  Also, I have a gut feeling that it will sound great against the Axe-FX II and I’m eager to be proven right.  What I don’t know is, will I run into DSP limits?  I hope not because I plan to use much of its processing power as a creative means to producing new sonic tones and music.  Time will tell...

The next thing to do will be to determine which FRFR amp and speakers to use.  Or, I may just forgo that idea and run it straight to the house and use in-ear-monitors for myself.  Since I own, haul and setup the FOH equipment, my band really doesn’t have a say on how I use it.  And for that matter, I believe Helix has made my future gigs much more enjoyable by saving my back, my hands and allowing time for a beer or two before rocking out!

Again, Congratulations and thank you for such a great product!

Every device has its DSP limit. Most manufacturers design the devices with constraints and limitations so that the user will never encounter the limit. The result is that there is an unknown amount of unused DSP in every preset.

Line 6 puts the user in charge of DSP allocation so that every preset can utilize as much of the available DSP as possible. It calculates available DSP dynamically and will only limit your creativity by denying an amp/FX selection that would exceed the available DSP.

So, yes, you can reach the DSP limit any time you want by continuing to add amps and FX until the device finally reaches its limit. But I think you will find that your creativity will have lots of expressive room before reaching that point.

• Upvote 2

Helix handles it better too....

rather than just getting the dreaded DSP limit warning...

Helix will gray out any options that would put you over the limit.

so you will be able to more easily see what options are unavailable, while knowing what you can do....

• Upvote 3

Helix handles it better too....

rather than just getting the dreaded DSP limit warning...

Helix will gray out any options that would put you over the limit.

so you will be able to more easily see what options are unavailable, while knowing what you can do....

Oh I love you guys! Great idea!