Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

no sound @ all?

diggerbarnz

I know I'd seen a similar post but can't find it - 3rd song into 1st set last night & I had nothing...

I'm wondering if my glorified $60 mic/link cable was culprit...the bass player who was getting shocks on mic pulled his power from same bar as my combo....but, my lights were still on/expression & variax were both full up, but zero sound

I ended up shutting amp off & on again & all was good - just  strange

I know I'd seen a similar post but can't find it - 3rd song into 1st set last night & I had nothing...

I'm wondering if my glorified $60 mic/link cable was culprit...the bass player who was getting shocks on mic pulled his power from same bar as my combo....but, my lights were still on/expression & variax were both full up, but zero sound

I ended up shutting amp off & on again & all was good - just  strange

If your getting an arc shock across a mic, the venue had dangerous polarity and/or ground problem in the wiring. One of the plugs might be wired backwards. Hard to tell if that would affect your DT or not but if you plan on playing the venue again it would be worth bring up to FOH (if they have one) or using a meter to find the bad plug and not use it.