Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DI Silver As Dongle to Use Pod Farm Plugins Post Recording?

I searched the forum but didn't find this.

I have a Tone Port DI Silver. I've used it with GearBox and Pod Farm to record effected sounds. I've successfully registered the GearBox and Pod Farm VST Plugins in Reaper in an attempt to re-amp prerecorded sounds. Though Line6 Monkey recognizes the DI Silver and I can use it to record through Pod Farm, attempts to use the plugins on recorded tracks within Reaper result in a "can't find hardware" message, even with the DI Silver plugged in via USB.

Is it not possible to use the VST Plugins this way, or am I doing something wrong? 

In other words I can use the VST plugins as long as it's through the Pod Farm Program on its own, but not calling it from within Reaper?  That's sort of what I suspect, though the error message "A required device is either not authorized or not connected... Please connect your iLok or Line6 hardware and restart the application" is somewhat misleading.   

kind of... if you think of the standalone program as sort of a VST host, that makes sense....

the required hardware it's looking for is the hardware license... it makes sense if you know that... but yeah it does make you think there's a connection or hardware issue and that isn't the case.

the original gearbox and pod farm required line6 hardware, pod farm 2.x does not.