Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amp Order For The Dream Rig

I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't seem to find the answer

What is recommended when you are running 2 DT's and a Stage source speaker in terms of order? Which one should come first, second and third out of the Pod?

Does it matter?

Thanx

I don't have a DT, but my memory of previous threads is that a DT has to come before a StageSource otherwise some aspects of functionality are compromised.  

I don't remember anybody with two DT amps and StageSource in a combined rig before!

I don't have a DT, but my memory of previous threads is that a DT has to come before a StageSource otherwise some aspects of functionality are compromised. I don't remember anybody with two DT amps and StageSource in a combined rig before!

Thanx. I kinda figured that the DT would come first. But what about the second DT and the L2M? Should it be DT-->L2M-->DT or DT-->DT-->L2M? I also wonder if a particular configuration will finally allow me the ability to save my L2M settings. For the life of me, I can't get that damn speaker to save its settings.

I don't know if this helps; you have probably read it already:

http://line6.com/data/6/0a06434d41f050904bee355b1/application/pdf/L6%20LINK%20Connectivity%20Guide%20for%20POD%20HD%20&%20DT%20Amplifiers%20v2.10%20-%20English%20(%20Rev%20A%20).pdf

I have just found it myself, and it might contain the answer to how to have stereo monitors using the L6 LINK: AUDIO configuration. Got to try that when I get home 

I don't know if this helps; you have probably read it already:

http://line6.com/data/6/0a06434d41f050904bee355b1/application/pdf/L6%20LINK%20Connectivity%20Guide%20for%20POD%20HD%20&%20DT%20Amplifiers%20v2.10%20-%20English%20(%20Rev%20A%20).pdf

I have just found it myself, and it might contain the answer to how to have stereo monitors using the L6 LINK: AUDIO configuration. Got to try that when I get home 

Thanx. Yes I have read it and re-read it. It shows you how to hook up to 4 DT's but says nothing about a DT/L-series configuration. It's a bit odd that no one has a real answer. to this one.

I think I finally figured this amp order thing out. If you want to save different settings on your L -series speaker per patch, the L-series must come first out of the POD.

Now I have to go and reconfigure all of my patches cause I assumed the DT was the logical choice for first in line. Line 6, it sure would be helpful to many if you would put that nugget in the manual. It sure would have saved me some grief.

But hey....yet another really good reason to go play with my gear!

• 1 month later...

Hadn't been on these posts in awhile.

I have been running 2 DT25's from POD HD500X, and then from DT's to L3t.  All connected with L6 link and VDI to JTV 69 Variax.  Thought it sounds good.

I don't understand but hope you can help.  How does the L series "save" settings?   Does it help? How does it matter as long as the POD remembers?  Just curious.  Would appreciate your thoughts on if your configuration is better with the L series first, then 2 DT's.

What settings are you using on your mixer for the L series.  Amp A or B or A/B, L, R, L&R? Would the L series then become Amp A or B in the mixer? Shpank I'm confusing myself now.

In short, is it better.