Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

jtv 69 string volume problem

got a jtv 69 about a week ago

1. plays almost ok in normal mode.. problem : the 1st E string has a bit lower in volume than all other strings)

2. in variax mode the 1st E and the 2nd B string volume is much lower .. say about 4 to 6 db.. 

3. the 1st E string is the lowest..

4. the 4th D string is a bit low too but workable..

5. the 3rd G string is the loudest..

6. ******   this is happening consistently across all the models********. 

now, i know string volume can be adjusted using workbench..but adjusting all the volume of all the strings across all the models is an unrealistic solution

how do i make all the strings sound equal ??????? please help  

My JTV-59 was doing the same thing and as of three hours ago the variax modeling quit working. I noticed the string volume about 10 days ago, then about a week ago I noticed a "sputter" when playing, I thought the 1/4" cable was going out so I replaced the cable but still had the random "sputter". I tried it with the variax cable to the HD500 and still had the random sputter. Well, a few hours ago the 3-way toggle quit working only on the variax modeling, it still works with the Mag PUPs. I re-flashed the firmware 3 times with no luck. When I connected to the Variax Workbench and played the guitar you could see on screen the guitar switching between the three positions of the model I had it on. I went through all the models and it did the same thing. That was the "sputter" that I have been hearing. The thing is I bought this guitar on March 27 of this year, so it's only a few months old and it's already having problems. I don't want to think about what will happen in a couple of years. From reading the forums it appears that the Variax is plagued with problems. Oh well. Live and learn I guess. I'm fortunate that I own other guitars so I won't be without one while I send this off to get fixed. But I feel bad for the people who sold their guitars to buy a Variax who are left with nothing when the guitar has to be sent off for repair.

1. You might want to post in the JTV section.

2. I thought in Workbench HD (Firmware 2.0 and up) there was a way to global adjust sensitivity, since I think FW 2.0 is thin and generally horrid, I stay on 1.9 so I'm not for certain on that.