Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

you have reached your limit of total lifetime authorizations for the account

skategeezer

Imagine my surprise.........

I just purchased a new Line 6 HD500X and now cannot activate the HD model pack bundle I also just purchased because there is a "lifetime limit" on authorizations.

At least provide me a way/method to reset this on my account. After all I am giving you my money.

This illustrates a lack of critical thinking in how you handle users over time.

Perhaps you should fix whatever bug or exploit exists instead of this limitation. I am not feeling the love Line 6.

you have to install it 10 times to hit that limit... if it's just purchased then that's a very odd situation...

however the fix is easy...

call or submit a support ticket:

http://line6.com/company/contact/

calling is the quickest (monday through friday 9 to 5 pacific time)

a ticket can take 3 business days...

its not a lack of critical thinking etc... most software companies have some scheme or another to protect their intellectual property.

Imagine my surprise.........

I just purchased a new Line 6 HD500X and now cannot activate the HD model pack bundle I also just purchased because there is a "lifetime limit" on authorizations.

At least provide me a way/method to reset this on my account. After all I am giving you my money.

This illustrates a lack of critical thinking in how you handle users over time.

Perhaps you should fix whatever bug or exploit exists instead of this limitation. I am not feeling the love Line 6.

No that is a total of all the activations for all the products I have purchased over the years. And I owned the original POD back in the day. So I guess the message is you can only own 4 devices and activate 10 items for you lifetime limit.

I have ticket open as well.

you have to install it 10 times to hit that limit... if it's just purchased then that's a very odd situation...

its not a lack of critical thinking etc... most software companies have some scheme or another to protect their intellectual property.

it's really only 10 times before you have to call...

they are happy to help you....

the limit is to prevent someone from giving out their login online and everyone having the program for free...

which would mean that line6 would not get paid for creating their software....

which would mean that line6 would stop making software...

most people will never see the limit...

either because they stick with the same machine... or they switch products etc....

in any case, the minor inconvenience of a call or support ticket and all will be well.

This is wired. Why should there be any kind of limitation if I buy their stuff?
10 is not much - at least they should set it to a higher amount

well you were not able to activate until pod farm 2.x came out and they started using the license manager.

before that, the software required line6 hardware or an ilok, so piracy wasn't a big issue, because the software would only work for someone with the actual product.

so despite your long term use of line6 products, much of that time does not factor into your current activation issues.

No that is a total of all the activations for all the products I have purchased over the years. And I owned the original POD back in the day. So I guess the message is you can only own 4 devices and activate 10 items for you lifetime limit.
I have ticket open as well.

So Line 6's solution was to increase my lifetime activations to 15. Still not sure why this is even a thing and I will run into this again after I activate 5 more devices in a few years maybe less.

My feedback is to do away with this and provide some freedom to its users.