Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Changing Dt Channels Via Hd500 W/l6 Link

mawg

Hi, newb here.  I have two questions.  Sorry if they've been answered elsewhere, but I haven't found them, so please point me in the right direction.

1 - How do I change DT50 channels via the HD500?

2 - When I start to program a new HD500 patch, my amp defaults to channel B.  I can't seem to change this behavior.  Why?  Even when I manually change channels on the amp and save the preset, it reverts to channel B next time I load the preset.

Thanks!

Mawg

there is no reason to ever change channels when using with a pod HD500.

just program the pre amp models you want into the pod and it is the same as changing the channels...

it should only go to channel B when you turn the amp models off.

This seems to be one of the ongoing repeated stories:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

a lot of new users try to configure / use the channel B on the DT/XX together with the POD HD/XXX. The main reason I have heard so far is  " ... that it sounds like the DT/XX standalone ...".

So I like to confirm as RealZAP already did: channel-B is NOT needed to generate ANY sound you want to create on a DT/XX using the HD/XXX as the controller (especially not to get the 4 original voicings of the DT/XX). All you are going to use normally with a HD/XXX is channel A on the DT/XX. And this is set automatically via the Line6 link.

Not sure, if the existing manuals doesn't mention that. If not, it really should be changed by Line6, because a lot of new users struggling with that.

Unfortunately this "channel-B exercise in the learning curve" (I call it this way) is often a symptom to me that users do not get the HD/XXX together with the DT/XX sounds as it does in a standalone mode (playing the DT/XX standalone). And they are trying to "fix" that with deadlock-solutions (I call it this way) like using the channel B on the DT/XX. And the channel B approach is clearly the wrong direction I can tell from experience.

And at that point this leads into another step in the learning curve: "How do I get the HD/XXX and the DT/XX sound as the DT/XX standalone ?".

The very basic starting point is: just use the standard settings in the assigned pre amp models (like cab/sims ON) as a good starting point in your HD/XXX and do NOT use the LVM on your DT/XX, if you want to get the 4 DT/XX voicings.

It is not so complicated than it may look like. And I like to encourage user to search for already existing Threads for more details : There are very good ones out there - especially in the OLD L6 forums (read only mode).

May be this sounds a bit arrogant what I am saying - that is not my intension ...

1 - How do I change DT50 channels via the HD500?

There are actually two ways to switch between channel A and channel B using the HD500 via the Link6 interface.  The first is to assign a footwitch to enable / disable the amp model block in your HD500 signal chain.  Hitting the footswitch will turn off the HD500 amp model and switch the DT to channel B.  When you re-enable the HD500 amp model, the DT will switch back to channel A.

The second way is to set one of the footswitches to send a MIDI CC message 66 with any value 0-127 to the DT amp.  This will toggle between channel A and channel B.  Alternatively you can send a MIDI CC message 19 with a value between 0 and 63 to select channel A, or a value of 64-127 to select channel B.

Cheers.

• Upvote 1

even if you did change the channels on the amp in some way... you will lose all your POST effects, because the audio travels one way...

it will not turn around and pickup your effects before playing....

seriously... there's no reason to go around the integration.

• Upvote 2