Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hello,

I use variax tuning on my JTV 59 with POD HD500X. I use Line 6 POD HD500X Edit to set alternate tuning. I have two questions:

1. I wonder, is it possible to set alternate tuning for a whole setlist instead of one preset in one time? 2. Is it possible to tune all the six strings one step down in one movement?

For one setlist with 20 presets I have to configure each preset. Within each preset I have to tune each string one down.

By the way, when I save my setlist and rename de filename it doesn't change in HD500X Edit. First I have to open the setlist with the new name I just saved and then it change in Edit. Normally, when you save a file with an alternate name in MS Word for instance, the new name shows up directly in de editor.

Thanks!

Marco

Hello,

I use variax tuning on my JTV 59 with POD HD500X. I use Line 6 POD HD500X Edit to set alternate tuning. I have two questions:

1. I wonder, is it possible to set alternate tuning for a whole setlist instead of one preset in one time? 2. Is it possible to tune all the six strings one step down in one movement?

For one setlist with 20 presets I have to configure each preset. Within each preset I have to tune each string one down.

By the way, when I save my setlist and rename de filename it doesn't change in HD500X Edit. First I have to open the setlist with the new name I just saved and then it change in Edit. Normally, when you save a file with an alternate name in MS Word for instance, the new name shows up directly in de editor.

Thanks!

Marco

If you want to tune a whole step down all the time, just set the tuning knob on the Variax to "1 down" and keep it there and set the Variax tuning option on page 8 of the setup menu in the HD500X to "don't force". That would probably be the easiest solution. You can still have the 500X select the Variax model with the preset that way.