Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod studio GX and POD HD300 are not working on Windows 10

I can confirm that GX doesn't work,

I installed the latest drivers (Windows 10 is listed), but don't get any sound. Youtube crashes when I'm using POD Studio GX, works fine with another sound card.

EDIT: Change to 16bit, 48000 Hz and now it works.

• Upvote 5

I installed the latest drivers (Windows 10 is listed), but don't get any sound. Youtube crashes when I'm using POD Studio GX, works fine with another sound card.

Hey thanks for the hint !, that made my podstudio gx work again, but my microphone isnt working what so ever, if u changed it to the same settings in record section, it even messes up the whole sound driver and i wont be able to hear anything unless i restart,,, i hope there is a way to fix this !

Hey thanks for the hint !, that made my podstudio gx work again, but my microphone isnt working what so ever, if u changed it to the same settings in record section, it even messes up the whole sound driver and i wont be able to hear anything unless i restart,,, i hope there is a way to fix this !

Update : heres how it got totaly fixed : http://line6.com/support/topic/14981-run-pod-farm-with-windows-8-compatibility-mode-to-make-it-work-on-windows-10/

Check my last reply , good luck !

Awesome tip mate, thanks a lot!

I also confirm 4.2.7.1 driver doesn't work for windows 10, Build 10240 on My GX

I Have...

Unistalled driver,

tried different port. Using USB2, not USB3

Removed device from printers and devices.

Checked there are no hidden devices installed in device manager

Set to 16bit (& all other settings)

Testing in "sounds" > Configure > Test (speaker test) - gives error "Failed to play test tone"

Dissapointed Line6 dont have a driver that works available. 4.2.7.1 Driver is from 2013!!

Willing to give anything a go, currently got a rather expensive £70 brick, I'd like to make proper sounds out of. I Can't see an updated link anywhere - other than to the dated 2013 driver 4.2.7.1, Where did you find the "newer driver?

Is this forum monitored by tech support?

Willing to give anything a go, currently got a rather expensive £70 brick, I'd like to make proper sounds out of. I Can't see an updated link anywhere - other than to the dated 2013 driver 4.2.7.1, Where did you find the "newer driver?

Is this forum monitored by tech support?

Not really - this is mainly a user support forum. Some L6 guys pop in but a Support Ticket is the way to go if you wanted direct contact with them. Click on the Support link below and follow it to the Contact Support.

-B

I contacted Support and they reiterated the sample rate solution ...

"please try with 16bit/48 Khz as a workaround until a new driver is released​"

I can report this does work.

What I'd failed to spot previously was, when pressing the test button on this setting, I still get an error, but it has changed to "The device is in use by another application...."

It does then play the left\right test sample and works OK in Pod Farm.

Support also pointed out there is a  2.59 update of Pod farm to install.

Thanks Support :)

James

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've been following this topic for a couple of weeks. I updated to W10 with the free upgrade about 1 month ago. Overall I'm happy but basically the audio drivers are a load of ****...

I have a Pod Studio GX and it just didn't work on W10 (a mixture of not recognising device or horrible sounds, or crashing my DAW software which is Audacity)....

I tried everything people mentioned on this thread with some success (changing to DVD quality worked but killed sound from my web browser etc).

Anyway, last night my PC did a windows update and a new audio driver was installed and hey presto, it's now fixed.

Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3081452)

Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3081449)

I don't know which one fixed the issue, but of them certainly did.

BUT - this works when I connect to one of my 'real' USB ports on the PC. If I connect to my USB expander hub, then only the 'noise' problem remains (it doesn't crash my DAW).

I hope this helps.

Jim

Hi all,

I've been following this topic for a couple of weeks. I updated to W10 with the free upgrade about 1 month ago. Overall I'm happy but basically the audio drivers are a load of ****...

I have a Pod Studio GX and it just didn't work on W10 (a mixture of not recognising device or horrible sounds, or crashing my DAW software which is Audacity)....

I tried everything people mentioned on this thread with some success (changing to DVD quality worked but killed sound from my web browser etc).

Anyway, last night my PC did a windows update and a new audio driver was installed and hey presto, it's now fixed.

Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3081452)

Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3081449)

I don't know which one fixed the issue, but of them certainly did.

BUT - this works when I connect to one of my 'real' USB ports on the PC. If I connect to my USB expander hub, then only the 'noise' problem remains (it doesn't crash my DAW).

I hope this helps.

Jim

There's also new Line 6 drivers that were just released this week if you haven't installed them yet.

• 3 months later...