Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Run Pod Farm with Windows 8 compatibility mode to make it work on Windows 10!

Hey all.

My Pod Farm was crashing on start-up after I switched to Windows 10, turns out you just need to switch it to Windows 8 compatibility mode for it to work! :)

Right click Pod Farm app > Properties > Compatibility tab >  Check "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" > Select Windows 8 in drop down menu.

Enjoy!

• Upvote 1

Yes the program will launch, my Line6 UX2 picks up my microphone, but Windows dosen't. We need a proper driver for Windows 10 support it seems, not sure if this problem is on Microsofts end. I don't think it is.

Yes the program will launch, my Line6 UX2 picks up my microphone, but Windows dosen't. We need a proper driver for Windows 10 support it seems, not sure if this problem is on Microsofts end. I don't think it is.

Same here, Windows 10 does not pick up the mic. With or without using podfarm2.

Think I found a fix guys! (It work for me at least.)

Go to Devices and Printers and find the UX2 http://i.gyazo.com/daf41eb07835ad13acffab346d352b13.png

Right click UX2 and remove device

Then unplug and plug back in the UX2 and windows was able to recognize the device http://i.gyazo.com/727718db18c91ba5fcf53bb64fd907e8.png

Let me know if that works for you guys! c:

Go to Devices and Printers and find the UX2 http://i.gyazo.com/daf41eb07835ad13acffab346d352b13.png

Then unplug and plug back in the UX2 and windows was able to recognize the device http://i.gyazo.com/727718db18c91ba5fcf53bb64fd907e8.png

Thank you for your help but unfortunately it still doesn't work. It does detect the device and everything like before, I can also see it in the Sound tab, but all other programs or recording softwares do not react to it.

The needles and everything do move when I use POD Farm, but it seems like there is no signal going to the computer afterwards.

Thank you for your help but unfortunately it still doesn't work. It does detect the device and everything like before, I can also see it in the Sound tab, but all other programs or recording softwares do not react to it.

The needles and everything do move when I use POD Farm, but it seems like there is no signal going to the computer afterwards.

Audacity didn't detect for me either until I started disabling devices that I wasn't using in Playback tab and Recording tab... Can you see interface picking up audio in the recording device tab like I showed here at least? http://i.gyazo.com/727718db18c91ba5fcf53bb64fd907e8.png 

• Upvote 1

I can get Podfarm working with Reaper, using ASIO, since that protocol essentially skips the OS and allows the recording software to directly access the hardware, but no love on getting Windows 10 to playback through my UX1. Setting my playback device to the UX1 just plays everything through the PC sound card at MAX volume (found that out the hard way). For now, I can limp by with recording with headphones plugged into the UX1 and playback through the soundcard, but it's clunky. 

Line 6's driver update policies leave much to be desired. It's not like Windows 10 snuck up on us, nor WIn8 before it.

In the meantime, I'll keep looking into the driver / hardware interaction and see if there's anything I can rig up from the Windows end of things. They obviously see each other. They just don't want to play nice.

Audacity didn't detect for me either until I started disabling devices that I wasn't using in Playback tab and Recording tab... Can you see interface picking up audio in the recording device tab like I showed here at least? http://i.gyazo.com/727718db18c91ba5fcf53bb64fd907e8.png

No it doesn't pick up anything unfortunately, I can just see the device in the tab but that's it, no green bars. The needles on the UX2 do move like they should though, when I speak and POD Farm 2 is opened.

Before you started to deactivate/activate the device again, have you already installed pod farm and drivers?

No it doesn't pick up anything unfortunately, I can just see the device in the tab but that's it, no green bars. The needles on the UX2 do move like they should though, when I speak and POD Farm 2 is opened.

Before you started to deactivate/activate the device again, have you already installed pod farm and drivers?

Yeah... I had installed drivers from Line 6 Monkey and Pod Farm installed as well.

I would open pod farm and everything was working fine on the Pod Farm, software and needle moved just like your explaining and Windows showed interface hooked up on recording tab but no green bars appeared as if the interface was some how just half way detected...

When I deleted UX2 from devices and printers and unplugged/plugged back in USB, my interface did a little mini install thing through windows and the interface was detected all the way and I was able to see the green bars on my device and started to get the thing working for individual programs like Audacity...

Before I did any of this though... I did try to unplug interface and swap USB ports with it while computer was on and I was able to get it working that way too... Try swapping USB ports if you haven't and see if it starts to work. c:

• Upvote 1

Yeah... I had installed drivers from Line 6 Monkey and Pod Farm installed as well.

I would open pod farm and everything was working fine on the Pod Farm, software and needle moved just like your explaining and Windows showed interface hooked up on recording tab but no green bars appeared as if the interface was some how just half way detected...

When I deleted UX2 from devices and printers and unplugged/plugged back in USB, my interface did a little mini install thing through windows and the interface was detected all the way and I was able to see the green bars on my device and started to get the thing working for individual programs like Audacity...

Before I did any of this though... I did try to unplug interface and swap USB ports with it while computer was on and I was able to get it working that way too... Try swapping USB ports if you haven't and see if it starts to work. c:

Omg, this actually worked. I unplugged the UX2 and then switched the USB slot. Now it actually works and I can use the Mic again. Thank you so much for your help. :)

I can't believe that it was something simple like switching USB ports on my computer...

I still hope that Line 6 releases a solid Windows 10 driver though.

Omg, this actually worked. I unplugged the UX2 and then switched the USB slot. Now it actually works and I can use the Mic again. Thank you so much for your help. :)

I can't believe that it was something simple like switching USB ports on my computer...

I still hope that Line 6 releases a solid Windows 10 driver though.

No problem dude! I just combine switching USB with deleting device from printer technique and it's been working out for me so far... Definitely a temp fix lol

No problem dude! I just combine switching USB with deleting device from printer technique and it's been working out for me so far... Definitely a temp fix lol

Haha yes, definetly a temp fix.

Just wondering about one thing, can you also not change your audio format on the recording device anymore after doing this? like changing to 48000Hz/16bi. The tab to change that doesn't exist anymore. ^^

Haha yes, definetly a temp fix.

Just wondering about one thing, can you also not change your audio format on the recording device anymore after doing this? like changing to 48000Hz/16bi. The tab to change that doesn't exist anymore. ^^

Yeah I don't think that was ever supposed to be a feature that was just a result of everything breaking. I noticed the same thing but I've never been able to change it anyway... Even on Win 7 \o/

Yeah I don't think that was ever supposed to be a feature that was just a result of everything breaking. I noticed the same thing but I've never been able to change it anyway... Even on Win 7 \o/

Haha ok cheers mate, and thanks for your help again. Atleast we can use the equipment now again somehow. :)

Man thanks alot u saved me !, so how it worked :

1. troubleshooted and it showed that the GX wont work with usb 3.0 properly , so , removed from usb 3.0 and connected to 2.0, took 2 mins to install , now both my krk kns 8400 , and my microphone which is connected to GX that is also using podfarm 2 is working ! ,  thanks again man ! hope it works for all of us !

Update : My microphone is only working with podfarm 2 and i can hear a playback , but doesn't work with skype or team speak , or windows's voice recorder...

Hey guys,

so I never had a problem with windows 10 not detecting the device (did use compability mode right away), but I still can't use Cortana.

I'm using a TonePort UX1 as a USB audio interface for my mic. It's working fine with every program (ableton, games etc.) just like it was on windows 8, but I can't use it with Cortana.

I think this problem might occur, because the TonePort shows up as a digital audio interface on sound properties and not as a real mic?

Any ideas on how to fix this? Are you able to use Cortana like this?

Man thanks alot u saved me !, so how it worked :

1. troubleshooted and it showed that the GX wont work with usb 3.0 properly , so , removed from usb 3.0 and connected to 2.0, took 2 mins to install , now both my krk kns 8400 , and my microphone which is connected to GX that is also using podfarm 2 is working ! ,  thanks again man ! hope it works for all of us !

Update : My microphone is only working with podfarm 2 and i can hear a playback , but doesn't work with skype or team speak , or windows's voice recorder...

I had the same Issue, try to do what i did.

1. Unplug your device

2. then unplug your usb from the pc

3. switch the usb port

4. plug the cable back into your device

I had the same Issue, try to do what i did.

1. Unplug your device

2. then unplug your usb from the pc

3. switch the usb port

4. plug the cable back into your device

Tried it .. no luck, also i changed the line 6 digital audio interface in advanced settings in recording section to 48000  Hz but no luck, did it work for you ? and what version of driver are u using , im using latest 4.2.7.1 , and usb firmware : 1.0.3

• 4 months later...