Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

windows 10 no sound

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just did a fresh Win10 Pro yesterday. Today I added my UX2 - horribly garbled, distorted sound.

For several years with Win 7 it's been quite happy connected to the Docking station. After testing a few solutions in these forums without success I found one that works: plugging the device directly on the laptop. Now playback at least work, haven't tested recording yet...

Any idea where the issue now is? Line6 driver, some Microsoft scheife (there's at least that - I don't have "Enhancements" tab in the device properties anymore) or is it the manufacturer's cockup?

• 1 year later...
On 7/8/2017 at 8:44 AM, Peregrino69 said:

I just did a fresh Win10 Pro yesterday. Today I added my UX2 - horribly garbled, distorted sound.

For several years with Win 7 it's been quite happy connected to the Docking station. After testing a few solutions in these forums without success I found one that works: plugging the device directly on the laptop. Now playback at least work, haven't tested recording yet...

Any idea where the issue now is? Line6 driver, some Microsoft scheife (there's at least that - I don't have "Enhancements" tab in the device properties anymore) or is it the manufacturer's cockup?

I have this same exact issue with mine?! I just bought it recently and i'm on pretty fresh win10 install. What's going on here?

Have you found a fix? Support isn't replying to me.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
On 6/8/2020 at 4:06 PM, heliolagojr said:

Hello guys.

I'm facing the same problem and these options above didn't help me. 

I still have the oscillator signal but no sound at all.

I'm thinking that might be a hardware problem.

Hello all.

I updated my Win 10 to the latest update few weeks ago. After that it worked fine, and then suddenly no sound from the speakers??? Don't know did I mess something up, and that's why I lost sounds? I got the latest drivers for my Line6 UX1, still the same. I've checked and checked everything several times, now I'm about to loose my mind :( The only thing that I found from Sound Control Panel related to Line 6 UX1 driver info/properties was this: Device USB\VID_0E41&PID_4150\5&3ac4fd6f&0&14 requires further installation.

Does anyone of you know what that further installation means? Or is it Windows Mumbo-Jumbo!!!

image.png.4c0219cce81596c49db65aa359ea07e2.png

I do have that option selected, but still no sound... really frustrating that I can't figure out what's blocking the sound from speakers. :(

It might also be ASIO4ALL 2.14?  when I listen to netradio, and open ASIO4ALL v2 Off-Line Settings, it shuts down netradio???

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the problem is Windows!!! For month I've been trying to find solution on my own, no use. So I decided to go back to the previous Win 10 version, that worked before the latest update. And now everything works fine, I get my guitar sound from PC speakers and can record with Audacity. Thx Triryche replys.