Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

iOS 9 ( (beta): Amplifi app shuts down when bluetooth connection is made

davidweeks

Anyone else experiencing problems with the Amplifi App shuuting down when a bluetooth connection is made to any device running the iOS 9 beta .

I also had this same problem with iOS 8.3. App would always crash, Problem resolved when 8.4 was introduced. 

(btw, other than this problem, the iOS 9 is a big jump, so torn about uninstalling.

Thanks

D. Weeks

• 1 month later...

iOS 9 is now out and there's still no update to the app. Just a "compatibility statement" stating not to upgrade: http://line6.com/support/forum-70/announcement-70-ios-9-compatibility-statement/

Not a happy customer. Over a month and a half of no progress.

Have some patience.  An update will be released as soon as they've got it done and it's been approved by Apple.  Nobody forced you to install iOS 9 beta, or to do a final upgrade today.  You made that choice yourself.

And customers that purchase a new iOS device that ship with iOS 9? Lets forget about them too?

I guess I just expect more from Line6.

You can't forget about something that hasn't happened yet.  

No new devices will ship with iOS 9 before Sept. 25th.  There's more than a good chance that an update for Amplifi Remote will be released before then.

Not good enough - the bug has been reported to them over two months ago, the beta has been available for a long time, plenty of time to fix the issue which probably isn't complex, but which renders the app totally unusable.

agreed..I expected more...love the sound of all of my equipment but Line 6 is pretty lame not to be prepared for this...as I browse the knowledge base and forums this type of weak tech support is a common complaint. Please Line 6 match the quality of your equipment (as far as sound goes anyway) with some good tech support. My tone blew me away and everyone who hears but your tech has let me down too many times..including during practices and on stage..I gave up on bluetooth long ago on stage..I use it but foot pedals are always close or the amp is right next to me or I have everything preset. The Pod HD500x edit is smoother but I don't risk changing anything with it live, it's all saved to the equipment. So here I sit browsing forums when I should be jamming...lame. screw this back to playing. FIX IT LINE 6

• Upvote 1

Okay...

1.  The final iOS 9 beta was just released to developers 2 weeks ago.

2.  The Amplifi App isn't the only app that doesn't work on iOS 9.  Updates are being released, and will be released, for apps every day.

3.  How do you know how complex the issue is?  You don't even know what the issue is or what problems they ran into trying to address it.  For all we know, the bluetooth connection issue(s) has been addressed but maybe they ran into other problems such as multitasking and PiP on iOS 9.

4.  If you expected Line 6 to be ahead of the game, then you don't know Line 6 very well.  Subpar customer service is pretty much the norm for them.

Temper your expectations and have some patience.  Line 6 has never had the best customer service, and never will.   You chose to install the iOS 9 beta, and Line 6 released a recommendation before the final version was released telling customers not to upgrade.  They've wiped their hands of it, and all we can do now is wait for an update.  

If an update isn't released by Sept. 24th, that's when I'll get annoyed.

And for what it's worth, the Amplifi series of amps were never designed or meant to be used for live gigging.  It's a home practice amp.

agreed..I expected more...love the sound of all of my equipment but Line 6 is pretty lame not to be prepared for this...as I browse the knowledge base and forums this type of weak tech support is a common complaint. Please Line 6 match the quality of your equipment (as far as sound goes anyway) with some good tech support. My tone blew me away and everyone who hears but your tech has let me down too many times..including during practices and on stage..I gave up on bluetooth long ago on stage..I use it but foot pedals are always close or the amp is right next to me or I have everything preset. The Pod HD500x edit is smoother but I don't risk changing anything with it live, it's all saved to the equipment. So here I sit browsing forums when I should be jamming...lame. screw this back to playing. FIX IT LINE 6

Fully agree have the same experiences

You can't forget about something that hasn't happened yet.  

No new devices will ship with iOS 9 before Sept. 25th.  There's more than a good chance that an update for Amplifi Remote will be released before then.

Not true. The iPad Mini4 is already shipping, and it comes with iOS9 on it. We have several at the office. So......

I just downloaded IOS9 and wasted about 1 hour trying to figure out whats up and no I read this. Apple is letting everyone download IOS9 and Amplify AP just crashes every time  I turn it on.... anyone figure out a work around ??? this sucks i have a gig next week. This is the reason I got this thing to learn songs.. $500.00 tool I now can't use. 

• Upvote 1

Not true. The iPad Mini4 is already shipping, and it comes with iOS9 on it. We have several at the office. So......

Exactly.  I've been using Line 6 stuff since the original Axsys, but their tech support and software leaves a lot to be desired.  Might be time to switch to Fractal or Kemper.

So...... My first post, and I'm new to Line 6 Products, and have just bought 2 Amplifi 150's 2 weeks ago, one for me and one for my Partner........ I downloaded the Apps, one on the iPhone, and one on an iPad, respectively independent on each Amp.  

Hassle from the start, with Amplifi loss of connectivity whenever either one of us tried to edit a Tone, despite the Device indicating Bluetooth was still connected.....

Now I have downloaded iOS 9.  Why not...... Considering all the advertising jargon from Line 6 clearly states iOS compatible.  

How could I, as a user, have known the Amplifi App would not cope with an update.?

I don't expect to have to read any fine print, in fact there is none, having prior to purchase, watched the Line 6 videos, talked to my Dealer, and been convinced this was a great product.

Yes, it is, when it works......... But, the ability of Line 6, to be ahead of the Game, and communicate with their Customers (Yes, that's us, because we throw money at their products, they exist....) their performance is very poor.

Line 6 push Product Registration so, why not a Global email to Customers, to warn not to update yet........?

Why, from the UK, do I have to phone Germany for Tech Support, and at what cost........?

This isn't a rant, it is constructive criticism of, what should be Grade 1 Customer Support, for an excellent Product.  It falls way below that.

Why does the present Tech loving generation accept that Apps fail, and Technology is not consistent, clearly, if you had a Washing Machine that failed this many times, it would be going straight back for a refund, so why accept lame excuses.....?

If you are going to market, and produce a product as good as the Amplifi, then you need to be ahead of the game.......

Line 6, You need to take note....... I'm keeping these Amps, I love the concept, but I'm also considering a secondary Android Device as a backup, for when Apple pulls the great updating shenanigan, to find everything has changed........

Can any of you Guys out there recommend a Tablet that the Amplifi Remote App, and Bluetooth works well on......?

As I'm exclusively Apple Mac at home (generally I love them....) I have lost sight of how the competition is doing.  Any help, gratefully received.

Comments for Line 6..... how about a hardwire connection, or your own unique Remote Device, or better still, an option to connect with a LapTop........ 

Enough said for a first timer, but I've never been so excited, and at the same time, desperately depressed, and frustrated at the performance of a fantastic piece of kit........ The Amplifi 150.........

My free cheapo Android tab that Verizon gave me with a phone package works better with Amplifi than my expensive iPad. Go figure. The Android never drops synch. The iPad does. And now, like thousands of Amplifi customers I have a useless hunk Amplifi because Line6 has no respect for it's customers -- not even enough respect to send out a few warning emails (which might cost them $6 to send a thousand) -- and we know they have our emails cuz we use them to register & log in to the now dead Amplifi remote app.

Line 6 's continuing deafening silence is inexcusable beyond belief.

• Upvote 1

I have had the exact problem. Before this I thought of Line6 as far beyond the pack in technology. I have spent thousands (several various, including JTV, amps, pods, Stage series speakers, etc) and this is the first time that they seemed to be absolutely absent on an issue.

It is certainly past the 25th. Apple has released new software and equipment. I have been using Apple since 1984 and have never really experienced such an issue. All of my other apps and equipment are working excellently with iOS 9. Apple is not the culprit! Please, notify us when a fix is available and don't be silent if you don't have one!

Hey what the hell?  I go to play the Amplifi 150 today and it's not working?  Reset the phone, try to do the Bluetooth thing again, complete waste of time.  After raging for a bit my son checks it out and tells me it's not compatible with iOS 9???  Really????  Sure enough he sets it up with his iPod 5 and it works fine.  To think I was actually considering buying a Helix....yeah OKAY.  Time to start shopping tube amps and pedals, all I need is electricity.  So pissed right now, can't use the product I paid for.    

Edit - What a joke and people want to talk about this thing being gig ready?  I never really thought it was but after this now I'm just LMAO at the question. 

• 4 months later...

How about this..I have iOS 9.2.1 on my iPhone 6 Plus and on my iPad. The iPhone 6 Plus does not have an issue (I even had to use the iPhone 6 Plus to upgrade to the latest firmware for my Amplifi TT) no the iPad, could not use it for the firmware upgrade, Bluetooth will not stream any of my music to Amplifi TT and the app just shuts off and has to be restarted. I've been at this for a couple of days now trying to get things to work and it's frustrating, as far as Line 6, no use with calling them or using email, no reply from them at all. I just wanted this for a simple home practice amp and I'm thinking I wasted my money on this..