Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

stereo question for Monitor and Pan

Hi

Sorry if i'm asking a question which is already answered, but i've searched the first eight pages and didn't found the right answer. I know with firmware 1.20 there is an option to pair two monitor channels ( e.g. A+B ) as one stereo channel. I will use it for stereo InEar monitoring. Yesterday at rehearsel I've searched all the menues but didn't found the right option. I tried the Tweak modus, went through Output channels -> Monitor A and tried to load a stereo preset but it wasnt there. :huh:

Can anybody explain in detail how to pair two monitor channels or give me a link to a video about this case? It drives me crazy!

Another question is about Pan adjustment for stereo channels. We have a Roland TD-30K connected via L/R main out to channel 11+12. This channels are paired as a stereo channel, but there is one Pan controller only. The only possibility is to pan the signal more left or right but not to adjust the stereo width. For example in my DAW i use to mono channels for left and right and set it e.g. 20%L and the other channel 20%R. For the Stagescape is there any possibility to control the stereo width or is it the better option to use two mono channels?

Thanks in advance.

Can anybody explain in detail how to pair two monitor channels or give me a link to a video about this case? It drives me crazy!

On the SETUP screen if you have two XLR F cables plugged into either A and B OR C and D, a "Make Stereo Pair" button appears in the top right corner.

Only the analog aux outputs have this option to my knowledge and without getting out two of my speakers I'd be struggling to confirm.

A and C would be LEFT in their respective pair.

B and D would be right in their respective pair.

I would guess that the stereo monitoring would only reflect stereo inputs, ie it would not reflect PAN on individual channels

For the Stagescape is there any possibility to control the stereo width or is it the better option to use two mono channels?

To my knowledge NO. Your only option is to do as you do in your DAW and run R and L as independent channels.

Maybe it could be better to unplug all cables from the monitor outs first and start from the beginning. ;)

Sometimes that's the best way ;-)

In reality though, as long as your two monitor out cables are in A+B OR C+D you can go to the SETUP screen, touch one of the monitor speaker symbols on screen to select it and it should show the button top right

You can also click each monitor you have showing on screen, then click the bin icon to remove it, do all of them one by one, then plug back in the two you want to pair so they are the only monitors showing. When you click Make stereo pair, the stage icon changes from two separate L2's to a pair of L2's, angled inwards in a V. I guess you can then change the stage icon to an in-ear one, but I don't run stereo monitors so haven't tried!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Starting from the beginning worked and we have now a stereo pair for iem. Thanks SiWatts69 for your help.

But i have another question. I have tried to use two condenser mics with phantom power as ambience mics. The mics are behringer b5. I've connected the mics and used auto trim. All worked fine, but the mics should only send a signal through monitor A+B and should be muted through l6 link out. I set the output level to off and the monitor level to minus 4db but with main output off the mics doesn't send any signal. Is there a chance to send the mic signal through monitor output only?

Another bug last saturday: we recorded a short song to have the chance to hear it in front of the PA without playing. But only vocal and one guitar comes out of the PA. On InEar and during playing all signals were hearable. Strange! I have to investigate this problem at rehearsel this week.

Hi

Starting from the beginning worked and we have now a stereo pair for iem. Thanks SiWatts69 for your help.

You're welcome. I can't guarantee we'll always be able to assist, but someone will typically at least try.

But i have another question. I have tried to use two condenser mics with phantom power as ambience mics. The mics are behringer b5. I've connected the mics and used auto trim. All worked fine, but the mics should only send a signal through monitor A+B and should be muted through l6 link out. I set the output level to off and the monitor level to minus 4db but with main output off the mics doesn't send any signal. Is there a chance to send the mic signal through monitor output only?

Tempted to say, you have something setup wrong in the way you're routing and controlling your signals.

If I wanted an input signal to only appear in monitors, I would plug it in, trim and then set the main output fader for the channel to -∞ and then set the relevant monitor output levels by going to the MONITOR screen, tapping the relevant monitor and then adjusting the output level for the relevant source signal. If you "mute" a channel, it mutes in BOTH mains and monitors and I suspect this may be what you are doing, but don't shoot me if its not ;-)

Another bug last saturday: we recorded a short song to have the chance to hear it in front of the PA without playing. But only vocal and one guitar comes out of the PA. On InEar and during playing all signals were hearable. Strange! I have to investigate this problem at rehearsel this week.

Yep, strange! When you play the recording back, do the relevant level meters for the "missing" channels display any activity? Are their inputs muted? Do the channels have output levels set? Did you change your "setup" between recording and playback?

Tempted to say, you have something setup wrong in the way you're routing and controlling your signals.If I wanted an input signal to only appear in monitors, I would plug it in, trim and then set the main output fader for the channel to -∞ and then set the relevant monitor output levels by going to the MONITOR screen, tapping the relevant monitor and then adjusting the output level for the relevant source signal. If you "mute" a channel, it mutes in BOTH mains and monitors and I suspect this may be what you are doing, but don't shoot me if its not ;-)

Thats exactly what i did but it doesn't work. I havn't muted the channels, because i'm not sure if it's for both channels or not. I'm a little bit concerned. I have to try it again on tuesday next week. Let's see if it works.

Just a thought...

Are the inputs "unlinked".

When an input monitor send is "linked" the monitor send level is a relative one, relative to the master send for the channel.

When an input is "unlinked" the monitor send is independent of the master send.

Vocal/microphone presets are mostly created with their monitor sends linked.

See section 5 of the user manual