Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD100 MKII Head - Connect Wah Wah

steF2k

Hi there,

I own a Spider Valve MKII HD100 Head and the FBV MKII Floorboard. As that floorboard has only one pedal for volume and wah-wah I just bought a Dunlop Cry Baby to use that as a wah-wah and the floorboard to control the volume.

How do I install that Cry Baby in my setup? I think I can not connect it to my floorboard but to my amp - but how do I do that right? I am very unsure and dont want to do try/error....

Thanks for helping me out - I am a newbie!

Regards

The FBV MkII Shortboard only handles DATA, no AUDIO, so you cannot connect typical pedals like WAH, Distortion, etc...

WAH pedals are traditionally used before the Preamp, in this case, Guitar->WAH->Front Input of AMP. However, that means you will need to power the WAH (fresh battery), and have two guitar cables connected. That's more things to keep track of, but may be worth it for the sound of a real Cry Baby.

On the HD100 MkII Head, You could use the rear panel Preamp Out (to WAH input), Power Amp IN (to WAH output), but that's more like an Effects Loop. It will work, but might not sound right.

Consider whether you really need two separate pedals for volume and WAH.

Before deciding, give the built in WAH's on the head a listen. You can dial in a few different types, and can control minimum/maximum WAH levels (The Line6 SV MKII Edit software makes this easy when using a computer). If you like it, you may want to change to a FBV MkII Longboard (which has 2 pedals, one for volume, one for WAH).