Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bitwig, Toneport UX2 and Windows 10

Hey!
Installed Win10 thursday morning CET.
Everything worked ok even though I had some small problems with getting sound from my old UX2.
I tried DAW's (FLStudio and Live) and it worked.

But then, I tried BitWig today and got the following error as I started it:

3fPTbxx.png

My thought was that it could easily be fixed in the audio-preferences.
But no.

clFivqV.png

I'm using BitWig 1.1.8.
Tried to uninstall all drivers, uninstall all other DAW's but to no avail.
Anyone has a solution or an answer to why this is happening?

The issue might be with PortAudio as I've seen similar issues with my DSP platform (also the same issue occurs with SIbelius which also use PortAudio I believe), so I think the common denominator of PortAudio might be at fault. From what I've read on-line it is not a great base on which to build an audio program. Of course factor in Windows 10 being new and that might be the actual issue. Just throwing out ideas there as it may not be something Line 6 can fix, especially if it's a fault of poor PortAudio programming.

• Upvote 1

The issue might be with PortAudio as I've seen similar issues with my DSP platform (also the same issue occurs with SIbelius which also use PortAudio I believe), so I think the common denominator of PortAudio might be at fault. From what I've read on-line it is not a great base on which to build an audio program. Of course factor in Windows 10 being new and that might be the actual issue. Just throwing out ideas there as it may not be something Line 6 can fix, especially if it's a fault of poor PortAudio programming.

Yeah probably the issue.

After all the 1.1.8 version was developed using Windows 10 :).

Thank you for the reply!

• 4 weeks later...

May b its PortAudio`s fault, but why on 1 comp line 6 amplifi works fine with bitwig, and UX2 does`t work? And don`t forget about fact, that after apgrade to win10 there was`t sound at all from ux2, only when someone found 16bit48kHz setings bring it alive... so maybe portaudio programming is poor, but programming of ux2 drivers for windows are`nt greate too.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2015 at 1:31 AM, cruzoe said:

May b its PortAudio`s fault, but why on 1 comp line 6 amplifi works fine with bitwig, and UX2 does`t work? And don`t forget about viasil posted here fact, that after apgrade to win10 there was`t sound at all from ux2, only when someone found 16bit48kHz setings bring it alive... so maybe portaudio programming is poor, but programming of ux2 drivers for windows are`nt greate too.

Hi Dear, The above header states the question really,,,I am really into Studio one as my DAW of choice, but it still is not stable, so....... do i bite the bullet and get a Mac,currently using Vista, do you guys think that W7 would be a more stable choice.

So again a couple of questions

1. Mac or PC..if so what spec Mac.. whats more reliable.....

2.If PC, do i upgrade from q6600 4gig ram to I7 processor with 8 gig ram

3.Stay with what i got as i am happy with performance (apart from crashes,sometime with restarts) and wait for updates in Studio one, stay with Vista or go to Windows 7..

Thanks in advance guys Ade.

• 2 months later...
On 8/1/2015 at 9:11 PM, Mr_Arkadin said:

The issue might be with PortAudio as I've seen similar issues with my DSP platform (also the same issue occurs with SIbelius which also use PortAudio I believe), so I think the common denominator of PortAudio might be at fault. From what I've read on-line it is not a great base on which to build an audio program. Of course factor in Windows 10 being new and that might be the actual issue. Just throwing out ideas about over the counter phentermine discussed here there as it may not be something Line 6 can fix, especially if it's a fault of poor PortAudio programming.

I dont need to do anything within Bitwig at all for it to crash the audio driver. Hardware: Dell XPS 15, Line 6 toneport UX2 OS: Windows 7 64 bit

• 6 months later...
On 8/1/2015 at 5:47 AM, mrsarun said:

Hey!
Installed Win10 thursday morning CET.
Everything worked while using phen375 https://www.coastandards.org/phen375-reviews-results/ review and before and after posted here, ok even though I had some small problems with getting sound from my old UX2.
I tried DAW's (FLStudio and Live) and it worked.

But then, I tried BitWig today and got the following error as I started it:

3fPTbxx.png

My thought was that it could easily be fixed in the audio-preferences.
But no.

clFivqV.png

I'm using BitWig 1.1.8.
Tried to uninstall all drivers, uninstall all other DAW's but to no avail.
Anyone has a solution or an answer to why this is happening?

My question is more: who is their target audience? Taking a quick look at their artist page it seems like mostly electronic music but I'm wondering who their features are aimed at. Thank you!