Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No sound after upgrading to Windows 10

m0thra

Hello, I just recently upgraded to Windows 10 and things started getting tricky.

When I have my Pod X3 Live plugged in via USB, I can't hear anything if I turn on "listen to this device".

I use Audacity to record guitar but now when my Pod is plugged in I get an Internal PortAudio error - could not find any audio devices.

Sometimes I use NI Guitar Rig 5 or IK Amplitube 3 for additional effects but both ASIO and WASAPI input show Pod as "not connected" on them.

My Pod driver is 4.2.7.1. and I use generic Realtek High Def audio drivers. Tried reinstalling both to no avail.

Happy to provide additional details if needed.

I don't know if this will work but it seems the audio properties have to be changed.

Try to set your sound properties, to DVD quality 16 bits @ 48000Hz. It looks like those are the #s that have worked for other devices.

-B

• Upvote 2

Did you also change to DVD quality @ 16 bits? If its detected and installed it should be a matter of screwing with the settings that Windows uses it for as a soundcard.

Yes, I tried fumbling with several bit rates and sampling rates on both input and output devices with no luck.

• 2 weeks later...

The following was posted on the 14th by a Line 6 Staff member. A direct link can be found here http://line6.com/support/topic/15207-windows-10-wdm-driver-issue/

Posted 14 August 2015 - 12:58 PM

Hello all. We have been made aware of an issue where some Line 6 devices do not output streaming and/or system audio when used as an audio interface in Windows 10. After an initial investigation, we’ve found that:

·        The ASIO driver works, allowing for DAW recording and playback
·        POD Farm is unaffected by this issue and outputs audio in standalone mode as expected

We are still investigating the root cause of the issue so that we can produce a permanent resolution. Until then, we suggest not updating to Windows 10 if you intend to use your Line 6 device to output streaming and/or system audio.

As a potential workaround, some users have noticed that setting the Windows sample rate to 48000 Hz resolves the issue. Go to Control Panel, click on "Sound", click on your Line 6 device, click the "Properties" tab, then click on the "Advanced" tab. In the "Default Format" section, there's a drop down menu which gives you a list of sampling frequencies.

The following devices are affected by this issue:
-Guitarport
-TonePort UX1
-TonePort UX2
-TonePort DI
-TonePort KB37
-TonePort UX8
-TonePort GX
-POD xt
-POD xt Live
-POD xt Pro
-POD X3
-POD X3 Live
-POD X3 Pro
-POD Studio UX1
-POD Stuio UX2
-POD Studio GX
-POD Studio KB37
-POD HD300
-POD HD400
-POD HD500
-POD HD
-POD HD Pro
-POD HD500X
-POD HD Pro X

• 4 weeks later...

I did install the 'new' 4.2.7.6 driver but it not working here. When turing the POD X3 on it works for a short time with distorted sound, within a minute the sound stops, this for the windows sounds (included mp3's, spotify etc.). I have Realtek HD audio as a primary audio device running at 24bits 48kHz.

I didn't try the ASIO drivers yet with Sonar.

Hope this problem can be solved soon.

• 1 month later...

This is still a problem for me too. I recently built a new PC with Windows 10 on it, and on that as well as my Macbook and iMac I use my Pod HD Pro X as a USB audio interface while running the latest version of Reaper on all three. On my PC with driver 4.2.7.6 installed I will get crystal clear sound for about 2-3 minutes and then it will be silent, as if everything is muted, whether it be in Reaper, on Youtube, there is no sound from anything. On my Macbook with OS x 10.10.5 on it, it will work flawlessly for as long as I need it to and won't ever cause me any problems (here's hoping it still doesn't!). On my iMac running 10.11.1 (El Captian) it will do exactly the same thing as it does on my Windows 10 PC, work for about 2-3 minutes with no problems and then just like that there is no audio from anything on the computer. Both my Macs are running drivers 7.3.8 which I think is the latest and, as it says in the description of that driver, only supports up to Yosemite, but the 4.2.7.6 drivers on my Windows PC says it supports Windows 10, so there is clearly something wrong with it, as Reaper will play back my files just fine through my PC's monitor speakers and never once loose audio, only when i use my Pod HD Pro X as an interface. I have tried do the "set Windows sample rate to 48000 Hz" but that changes nothing so I'm at a loss here, as I can't really record anything if I can't here what I'm doing can I? :rolleyes:

I did install the 'new' 4.2.7.6 driver but it not working here. When turing the POD X3 on it works for a short time with distorted sound, within a minute the sound stops, this for the windows sounds (included mp3's, spotify etc.). I have Realtek HD audio as a primary audio device running at 24bits 48kHz.

I didn't try the ASIO drivers yet with Sonar.

Hope this problem can be solved soon.

I see there is still no reply after 2 months while the problem still exist. I did not had any problems with Win 7 and Win 8, but came after uprgading to Win 10. I think it is a conflict with the 'other' soundcard that did not happen with the previous versions.

But anyway it would be nice if someone from Line6 could give a response / update!

• 5 months later...

May 2016, still someone don't know a fix? I got Windows 10 and POD HD500x and when try using audacity it can't detect any recording-devices.. I've tried the latest update but nothing. Shouldn't take a year to fix something as important as recording with a pod that is MENT to record with? 
Didn't have any problems with my UX2 before "upgrading" to a HD500x instead.

• 4 months later...

totally gutted, that no programmers can get this to work,its alright saying not to upgrade but when your machine in nothing more than planstic and bits and bobs, when you buy a machine its already win 10 installed. so thanks for that piece of advice.

roll with the times people

the ux 1 is an awesome piece of equipment, worked on my win 7 lappy but as the same with you all, no sound and no signal, even when trying to run previous compatability modes , and dvd quality doesnt work on win 10 64 bit

c'mon guys get the finger out and put all of out minds at ease

• 2 months later...

I have a same problem as other's... 

After updating win10, I got noise although i have updated driver, and tried changing to DVD quality...

I have read posts up there, and i can see this problem started August 2015.

It has passed over 1 year. I don't understand why it is not solved yet even though line 6 is such a big international company.

Pls give us some way to solve it. 

My UX1 is just like expensive useless stone on my desk right now.

And I have wasted a lot of time rebooting computer, trying various ways, and figuring out what the problem is and how to fix it.

Although We paid not an small amount of money, we can't use it.

I even think we deserve to get some compensation for our time and money.

pls respond me to doordy@hanmail.net with solution and compensation. It's so annoying...

L6 does not generally bird dog there forums so you are better off sending a Support Ticket in. There is a link up top labeled Support.

Not everyone seems to have that issue. I try to find out about system compatibility prior to updating an OS in an effort to avoid a problem like yours. 

• 2 months later...

My X3 bean works like a champ on Win10, with Gearbox, as an interface for Reaper, as an audio-playback device via USB (Asio4All), etc. I loaded BIAS for PC the other day just to see what all the hoopla was about but there was pretty good lag so I dumped it. Same thing for Amplitube. Bottom line I was installing & uninstalling all over the place and it still works fine on WIn10.

• 2 years later...

Hello guys!!! I have Toneport KB37 and it needs to "heat up" to work. I don't know if this is the reason but it turns on after a couple of hours from the moment i turn on my PC. Put it in my laptop and did the same. When it turns on i plug it in my PC and works fine. The next day the same problem again...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hi man are you still having problems with this or did you find a fix?...I use a Mac and I noticed that sound would drop out if I had my daw open and also using the net....you tube sound would cut off after a few mins....so try turning off your wifi ....also I read this somewhere a while ago and I don't know where the info was...but someone said to crank up all the dials to 100% on your pod and leave it for like a a minute...unplug your guitar though before cranking up all the dials...then lower all dials....I tried this and it seemed to work but recently I've been getting the same problem again...

• 3 years later...
On 11/15/2015 at 6:52 PM, CrazyEddieNL said:

I had issues getting my POD X3 Live working with the Win10 after years of not plugging it in to the PC. When I plugged it in there seemed to be problems with the drivers and I was unable to get the software and POD talking and when I plugged the POD into the PC I lost PC audio. I fixed it! What I did was Go to Control Panel, click on "Sound", click on your Line 6 device, click the "Properties" tab, then click on the "Advanced" tab. Then I disabled the device. Now I was able to get the software to see the POD and get everything updated and working again.