Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Windows 10 driver compatibility

RegH

Have just upgraded my PC from Win 7 to Win 10.

GuitarPort and GearBox were working fine before as the single external soundcard.

With Win 10, I can get the guitar sound through to the headphone socket on the rear of the GuitarPort using GearBox.

I have installed the latest version of Monkey, drivers and GearBox. I have disabled all other onboard sound devices but the PC can not play any sound at all via the GuitarPort as a simple sound card (with or without GearBox running)

There are no errors showing with the installed drivers. Do they correctly support Win 10?

Regards, Reg

• Downvote 1

I just used KB37 Studio and GearBox with RiffWorks today. I did the free Win 10 Upgrade, although I did it on a relatively new computer and the manufacturer is supporting it.

Also have you tried to change your sound cards sample rate to dvd quality 16 bit 48000Hz. I had to do this in order to get  my browsers to playback YouTube video and SoundCoud stuff through my KB37 Studio.

• Upvote 2

Success. Gearbox now working fine on my Win10 with Guitarport.

Seems like the device will not set-up correctly when the PC boots up. I had to remove the USB lead and replace it. Removed the drivers and reinstalled and it is fine now.

• Upvote 2

Also have you tried to change your sound cards sample rate to dvd quality 16 bit 48000Hz. I had to do this in order to get  my browsers to playback YouTube video and SoundCoud stuff through my KB37 Studio.

This fixed it, thank you so much.

• Upvote 3

I am having a similar problem. Gearbox effects work fine through the Toneport with the headphones directly plugged into it. The problem I am having is that I can't use the "play along feature" or the metronome. When I load up a mp3 and press play nothing happens. Same with the metronome.

It worked fine in Windows 7.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had a problem with most functions after upgrading to Windows 10. However I noticed that the MP3 player no longer seems to work. The song loads but there is no sound and the phrase sampler/looper no longer work. I updated Monkey and made sure all current drivers were installed. I am interfacing through GuitarPort. All my tones are still there, tuner & metronome are fine, and I can still practice. Just can't jam to MP3 tracks through GearBox. The inability to use phrase sampling is very frustrating. Anyone know of a fix? 

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

I have a GuitarPort and currently use it with Windows 10. Really incredible how long this GuitarPort has lasted, talk about getting your money's worth. After upgrading from Win7 to Win10, and updating the driver with Monkey, it started working (without any workarounds). I also use GearBox heavily and rely on the built-in player. And occasionally see the same issue in fact, I've noticed that sometimes all media players (GearBox player, Windows Media Player, YouTube videos) just don't do anything. Hit the play button and it just sits there. You can play through GearBox with your guitar and hear sound from whatever (headphones or speakers) is plugged in to GuitarPort, but no media players work. (also should note that I always hibernate my PC, because I hate the long boot times with this computer). Anyway the easy (yet annoying) fix is to simply unplug and re-plug the USB cable. Sometimes I actually have to do it twice, but usually just once. That's it, and it starts working. Once in a while after waking the PC from hibernation, it works and no need to unplug/replug USB.

I also use Audacity to record from GuitarPort, loading up backing tracks, then recording my own guitar track. Everything is working in Windows 10, which blows me away. Just have the annoying unplug/replug scenario.

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

I thought I would give you guys some input. Ever Since I upgraded my pc from windows 8.1 to windows 10 I had issues with the metronome not working. I searched for line 6 unistaller on my pc using the search bar built in to the taskbar within windows 10. Steps after that include. By the way i am running a PodXT bean.

1. Running the uninstaller to get rid of all of the line 6 software/drivers.

2. going back to the Line 6 website and searching for pod xt and selecting windows 10 downloads.

3. installing Line 6 Monkey first.

4. updated my driver to the windows 10 driver. 

5. updated my USB firmware/flash memory through the Line 6 Monkey application.

6. make sure everything is up to date within Line 6 Monkey ( making sure you disconnect your device through the installation process and follow directions to make sure it is disconnected during time it says.

7. Go back to the Line 6 website and searching the downloads once again but for Gearbox. (download the latest one, It's going to be the one for Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista.)

8. Open Gearbox and Voila everything should work fine.

9. If all else fails on you for some reason you can right click your gearbox shortcut, click properties, click the compatibility tab and select windows 8. Apply and click ok.

FYI: you shouldn't have to delete anything from the registry or app data folders when unistalling the software/drivers.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I've just updated from an older Vista PC to a new Dell with Windows 10 & I can't even get Monkey to recognize my Guitarport for setup. Also when I plug the GP into the PC its not being recognized. When I try to download driver via Monkey its not recognizing GP and when I go to the Line 6 site I cant even log in to get the Windows 10 update

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

I have a TonePort UX2 and it is giving me issues with browser's audio (Souncloud, Spotify, Yutube,...) it is never fluid, it causes videos to lag, it always cuts music, i have the 4.2.7.6 drivers installed, any ideas?