Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HELP w/ Pitch Glide as Whammy for single note "dive bomb"

Hey_Joe

I'm embarrassed to say that after owning my Pod HD500 for as long as they have been released I need help creating a tone using the Pitch Glide as a Whammy just for a single note dive bomb. Don't have a real Whammy and haven't really played much with any of the presets or DLs from Customtone.

I'm using Edit on a PC with Win7, all up to current FW and factory reset and pedal calibration all done at last update. Did as much searching as I could and didn't find an answer. I have a second pedal and was trying to set up using that as a controller.

I just want to keep Pedal UP as regular tuning pitch and Pedal Toe Down as the dive pitch (strings stuck on magnet sound). Want to use Pedal 2 as controller. I think I know how to set up the pitch glide to have Vol2 control, think it needs to be turned off to not act as a volume pedal as it shifts pitch even though Vol1 is set to control volume (when I set up with Vol2 active it shifted pitch and worked the volume - so, I turned the pedal off to not act as a vol pedal) and have the PG at the front of the chain.

I guess I need help setting the Min/Max values for the shift to go to the sound as I described above. I believe that not using a pedal and changing pitch on the effects page in Edit just gives the detuned sound.

Any verbal explanation, and or screen shots from Edit, uploaded patches or links to Customtone tones as described above will be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

I think something like the attached patch is what you might want, hopefully. It assigns both the PG and Vol to exp2 and both to FS8 so that when the switch is toggled one goes off, the other on.

Even though the patch was made on an HD500X, you should be able to just drag and drop it into an empty preset in HD500 Edit.

PitchVol.zip

Thanks guys, I'll try this out later today.

EDIT: Thanks  Alex and duncann.

The directions from Alex and the patch from duncann both work the way I was trying to get them to yesterday. I have found that the duncann's tone with normal pitch at heel down gives me a little trouble being in true to pitch all the time but toe down stays true, probably because I'm using a Line 6 EX-1 (have had 2 since my XTL - never wanted to spend the cash on a good pedal like the Mission pedal for Line 6) I think the EX-1 has trouble getting back to pedal heel down because it's a cheapo pedal, 1/2 way good for volume only...because I can't calibrate it and the way it's made allow for discrepancy - I guess the only way around that is to switch to the on board pedal for the whammy - at least it's possible to calibrate.

Thanks again you two. I'll mark as answered but you both deserve credit for the correct answer - wish I could split it between the both of you.

• Upvote 1

Glad to help.

If your pedal is having trouble staying, or even getting, at zero in the heel position, you could do it the opposite way and still use the EX-1. Have the toe down be normal pitch and heel down the dive-bombed; unless the EX-1 isn't accurate in the toe down position either.

Yeah, toe down at normal pitch and heel down for the  dive-bomb. I found that out because that's the way your patch was made and it is more accurate with the EX-1, just felt for some unknown preference like I wanted to step down to drop the pitch. It will work and maybe I'll get better action out of the pedal buy not having it on carpet and sitting while using it or I could get with the program and finally spring for a Mission pedal.

Thanks duncann.