Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M20d : limit of password lettering

Hello.

Is there a limit of "lettering" for entering password to Wifi network connexion to a box?

My host password for connexion have 26 lettering, i cannot acces to it, seems that the maximum lettering for password for M20d is 16.

Anyone experienced more than 16 lettering with succes ?

Thank you

Hello, thank you for your answer, perhaps like i'm French i do not explain enought clearly on the first message to be understood, but yes it have something to do with the M20d.

To connect the M20d thru my network, i need to put the network password.

On the M20d

Step 1 select the network (Livebox), after selecting it, i have this page :

wifi1.JPG

I press on the Password "Zone" and i have the second page where i need to enter the password :

wifi2.JPG

My safety code have 26 letterings.

Of course i have tried several times to be sure that i didn't made a mistakes when i writing the password and done it quietly  and not quicly.

In this several try, i have check that i can see only 16 symbols on the M20d screen :

I have already connect lot of gears on my home network like my Motif XF, Xbox one, of course the ipad for internet, my iphone ....

Two options :

- the maximum lettering is 16 so i cannot put my complete password and of course cannot acces to my network.

- there is no limit of lettering even if i cannot see them on password page,  so the samsung wifi dongle do not work thru my Wifi network (even if the dongle seen perfectly my  wifi home network).

The Samsung dongle (WIS12ABGNX) work fine in Stand Alone mode with the M20d and Stagescape Remote.

But,  to work like this, i need to change on the ipad,  the wifi connexion type in General page and select "StageScape M20d" therefore my wifi home network (Livebox).

Connect the M20d thru my Wifi network allow me to not done this step.

It's not essential of course, but i will like to know why i cannot done it thru my network.

Thanks

Ah, I get it now; I usually use a wired connection to a router so I don't see that page.    Not not sure if that is a hard 16 character limit or not. 

One other thing to check, what wireless security method are you using (WEP / WPA1 / WPA2)?  If it's WEP, you might be using a hex version of the key and the ASCII version might be the one needed (it's shorter in length).

I would just comment that unless you are trying to prevent some really, really serious and high level hackers (or some national security agency) from getting into your system a 16-character WPA/WPA2 password should be more than adequate - and if I was that worried, I would not be connected wirelessly to anything at all....