Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Windows 10 Not picking up UX2 output

As of today, I decided to upgrade to windows 10! And immediately after updating, I've had issues with my microphone not being picked up in various programs. So I decided to check my recording devices in the audio device manager.

http://puu.sh/jrbjD/426e81bae3.png

The device is "recognized" by the system. So I watched the meters when I talked into my microphone. The meters in Pod Farm 2.59 and on the UX2 are working as intended. Yet the audio is not being received by my system. (The meter in the device manager does not respond to my vocal input). I've updated all of my audio drivers (motherboard, audio, UX2/POD) and it's not working. On the stranger side, the audio when testing the sound is sent through the device and into the speakers I have plugged into the UX2! ([test sound]Computer -> UX2 -> Speakers[demo sound plays]).

Again, everything is set up in pod appropriately and the ux2 is not picked up by programs such as teamspeak and audacity. 

http://puu.sh/jrbyM/86f44fe556.png

I backed up to windows 8.1 and everything worked fine.. So I did a clean installation and went back to 10 and it isn't working..

Can someone help please?

• Upvote 1

This worked for another Dude:  "Go the advanced tab and play with the options, the one that worked for me was 16 bit 48000 dvd quality!"

http://line6.com/support/topic/14991-windows-10-no-sound/

No dude, this is a different solution. This won't help him.

He has a different issue, the issue that I had/have.

I switched my USB ports and it worked for a while, but it doesn't work anymore for whatever reason.

New drivers did nothing at all, still same issues.

Cool Chief, Then you might be headed into the Device Manager or whatever it is now to check what device is being actively used when the UX2 is plugged in (the enable/disable shuffle). It should switch to the UX2 but one never knows with windows.

This worked for another Dude:  "Go the advanced tab and play with the options, the one that worked for me was 16 bit 48000 dvd quality!"

http://line6.com/support/topic/14991-windows-10-no-sound/

Yes I noticed this fix, which is what seems to have fixed my speakers!

But the same option is not available for my recording device (UX2 mic output). There is no advanced tab.

Here is a picture of the menu: http://puu.sh/jsZXk/1f01eff199.png

Yeah, I'm having a problem with my UX2 with Windows 10 as well.  I installed Windows 10 and everything so far is working ok.  I used my POD (yes, version 1.0) and it works ok.  However when I try to play Spotify through my speaker set up through the UX2 it doesn't work - it just cycles rapidly through each song and no sound will play from Spotify.  Looks like sound through YouTube or any other web-based platform is also not going through the UX2.  My guess is a driver update update??? Please???

Yeah, I'm having a problem with my UX2 with Windows 10 as well.  I installed Windows 10 and everything so far is working ok.  I used my POD (yes, version 1.0) and it works ok.  However when I try to play Spotify through my speaker set up through the UX2 it doesn't work - it just cycles rapidly through each song and no sound will play from Spotify.  Looks like sound through YouTube or any other web-based platform is also not going through the UX2.  My guess is a driver update update??? Please???

I switched to a different USB port. For some reason, after a windows update of some kind, it just stops working. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling pod farm, Gearbox, and all drivers to no avail. It just stops putting sound from Mic to other programs. Pod Farm shows it working, but audio device manager isn't. After reading this, I realized that it was working for a while, then I had to switch USB ports so it would reload the drivers the port needed, if that makes sense. After I unplugged from its current USB and chose a new one, it started working. Overall, Line 6 needs to get on this issue. It's kind of annoying and I'm not sure that the same USB port will work later on if I need to do this crap all over again.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, wmcc66 said:

I just got a Ux2 and don't know much bout windows 10 and iam having same problem except terrible noise is present but no response from my mic.  this sucks.

If you are new, give the troubleshoot a go. Most common problems are solved through this. If still nothing, let us know more symptoms/details of the problem

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...