Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD 500, MAC OSX 10.11 EL CAPITAN

sloe_gin

I am beginning to wonder if my HD500 is obsolete?  I never had to wait like this for Audio drivers...  Its been almost two weeks now since it was released and nothing..  At least I never had issues with it not working as a audio source even before updating the drivers.. Usually it was software editing issues...  I will have to wait to upgrade I think this is the first time I had to wait which is pretty good track record...

• Upvote 1

I am beginning to wonder if my HD500 is obsolete? I never had to wait like this for Audio drivers... Its been almost two weeks now since it was released and nothing.. At least I never had issues with it not working as a audio source even before updating the drivers.. Usually it was software editing issues... I will have to wait to upgrade I think this is the first time I had to wait which is pretty good track record...

Nah. It's not. If it were they wouldn't have done that update for it adding more amps a few months ago. I think someone at line 6 is just taking their sweet time rewriting whatever program they have to, which sucks because I need to record lol

I have to be honest and say that his is very amateurish of Line6. At the last OS X beta version, pretty much of the core system functionalities are set, so I really can't believe that Line6 has been caught behind regarding the driver issues for El Capitan. I'm fully aware that I might not know the details why Line 6 struggled to get the driver ready in time, but since a lot of other manufactures and brands have their driver in place for the new OS X, I really wonder why Line6 couldn't achieve that. Apparently Native Instruments face the same problems as Line6 so there might absolutely be something problematic that we, as users, don't know about. But I really hope this get solved as quickly as possible!

I have to be honest and say that his is very amateurish of Line6. At the last OS X beta version, pretty much of the core system functionalities are set, so I really can't believe that Line6 has been caught behind regarding the driver issues for El Capitan. I'm fully aware that I might not know the details why Line 6 struggled to get the driver ready in time, but since a lot of other manufactures and brands have their driver in place for the new OS X, I really wonder why Line6 couldn't achieve that. Apparently Native Instruments face the same problems as Line6 so there might absolutely be something problematic that we, as users, don't know about. But I really hope this get solved as quickly as possible!

I would have to agree, the beta software for El Capitan has been available for literally months. Last year the drivers were released 2 days before Yosemite. It's now almost 2 weeks after the El Capitan public release and still no drivers.

Poor show Line 6, poor show.

So, I contacted the administrator known as Line6Tony about the new OS X driver and received the following response on the 8th of October:

Hello Jordan. I apologize for the trouble you and other customers run into regarding our driver. Unfortunately, we do not have a firm date for a release, as there are many variables in play when resolving software issues. Please know that it is a high priority within the company, as we realize many of our customers are now using El Capitan as their OS.

So basically, they're still working on it and it's not close to being finished.

So, I contacted the administrator known as Line6Tony about the new OS X driver and received the following response on the 8th of October:

Hello Jordan. I apologize for the trouble you and other customers run into regarding our driver. Unfortunately, we do not have a firm date for a release, as there are many variables in play when resolving software issues. Please know that it is a high priority within the company, as we realize many of our customers are now using El Capitan as their OS.

So basically, they're still working on it and it's not close to being finished.

Which is great because I have time off in between tours right now where I'm supposed to be writing and recording the next record.

Sarcasm with the "being great" thing btw.

.......... >.>

Which is great because I have time off in between tours right now where I'm supposed to be writing and recording the next record.

Sarcasm with the "being great" thing btw.

.......... >.>

If you need to be recording, then my advice would be to go with something like a Focusrite interface, they don't need drivers installed, if you're using Macs, they use Core Audio. You will still be able to use any Line 6 plug-ins.

well, still nothing for my HD 500x....

I use my MB Pro for both work and record. Company policy was to upgrade to EC today.

I'm disappointed by L6 on this one, I had to use a steinberg UR22 card (no compatibility as there is no driver for it).

Ironically, Line 6 seems aligned with Apple way of selling -> maintain new products (I've seen EC support for Helix, etc), let scream old users...

Bad show guys....

I think the issue is that audio drivers written to not use apple's core audio have had compatibility issues with El Cap. For good or bad Apple moves ahead to improve without baggage. There are some on here claiming that the latest beta from apple resolves some issues. Helix using up to date tech isn't a disregard for prebious hardware IMO. It's the right thing to do today. Line6 could do a better job supporting older hardware and at least started testing months ago BUT it appears to actually something Apple is fixing in this case rather then line6. I bet that is a quicker resolution then a complete driver rewrite from L6.

Some users said that the new OS X beta fixes the problem : http://line6.com/support/topic/14731-ux2-osx-1011-el-capitan-no-sound/page-4

Didn't try it yet, but I think it might help ;-)

Wow, unbelievable. The 8th of October beta fixed my issues.

So it was Apple's problem in the end up.

I'd strongly recommend testing functionality after updating.

Mine is fine :D

I just updated to the latest version they released like yesterday afternoon. it seems to be fine now, if youre still having issues after contact Line6 and Apple.

You have to be kidding me, I will try right lollipoping now, appreciate your update, if all goes well, I send you a present this Christmas dude, lollipoping love u!!!!

You can give me the link plz, I appreciate it!! :(

not sure if there's a link, just open the App Store and look for the new update.

You have to be kidding me, I will try right lollipop now, appreciate your update, if all goes well, I send you a present this Christmas dude, lollipop love u!!!!

lollipop? lol

not sure if there's a link, just open the App Store and look for the new update.

`

lollipop? lol

Thing if you write f_u_c_k_i_n_g in the final comment changes to "Lollipop" lol.... now my problem is this, I have a Pod HD 300 the fu_cking driver don't install, why? I Don't know, I put update , and again click to update and nothing happens, my OS is El Capitan 10.11.1, when you say look at the app store, what software you mean, what I looking for, the driver?

Thing if you write f_u_c_k_i_n_g in the final comment changes to "Lollipop" lol.... now my problem is this, I have a Pod HD 300 the fu_cking driver don't install, why? I Don't know, I put update , and again click to update and nothing happens, my OS is El Capitan 10.11.1, when you say look at the app store, what software you mean, what I looking for, the driver?

oh okay. im not sure. I'm on the same update as you i think. i'd say contact apple and say it wasn't resolved for the HD300. as a temporary fix i connected my HD500X with an aux cable directly into my computer, it sounded pretty decent. 

if you want to try that you'll have to use an adaptor to get the output on your unit to be able to work with an aux cable though.

oh okay. im not sure. I'm on the same update as you i think. i'd say contact apple and say it wasn't resolved for the HD300. as a temporary fix i connected my HD500X with an aux cable directly into my computer, it sounded pretty decent. 

if you want to try that you'll have to use an adaptor to get the output on your unit to be able to work with an aux cable though.

oh, I get it, them apple says the problem for hd 300 persist, ok, what version of El capitan have you? and also what driver have for you pod is the 7.3.8.? You know about this link ? http://line6.com/support/forum-30/announcement-73-mac-os-1011-el-capitan-problem-with-line-6-usb-audio-driver/

oh, I get it, them apple says the problem for hd 300 persist, ok, what version of El capitan have you? and also what driver have for you pod is the 7.3.8.? You know about this link ? http://line6.com/support/forum-30/announcement-73-mac-os-1011-el-capitan-problem-with-line-6-usb-audio-driver/

i do know about that link. idk, the 10.11.1 update seems to have worked for the HD500X. and the driver version is 7.3.6 for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks Line6 - Completing contract and thanks to your bug in the drivers it needs to move .. Can you advise me how to be solved right away ??? I do not care from the El Capitain completely new (xx months) I wonder Why me my product does not perform as given in the specification.

Fact driver Line6 from the beginning are eerily but this is a bit much, gentlemen. My next purchase Line6 really think about it a lot: (...

What do I do? I just bought an HD500x, and the HD pack bundle, but run OSX El Capitan, and don't have a Windows PC!

I can't believe Line6 has responded to this thread!!!

Even though I have many guitars and gear, this is the first Line6 product I have had, I am not very happy with this first impression.

Line6, where are you?! Do you provide support, or just happily take money and run?!

What do I do? I just bought an HD500x, and the HD pack bundle, but run OSX El Capitan, and don't have a Windows PC!

I can't believe Line6 has responded to this thread!!!

Even though I have many guitars and gear, this is the first Line6 product I have had, I am not very happy with this first impression.

Line6, where are you?! Do you provide support, or just happily take money and run?!

This site is not Line6 support. To submit a support ticket, go here:

http://line6.com/support/tickets/

Nobody is going to solve this problem here. Don’t you understand it still? Everybody is waiting till things calm down on their own. Line 6 support is very poor. Asking them anything is not respecting yourself. Recently I have had a problem with installing a paid pack, and while I was trying to communicate with them, I have lost a whole week. It looks like a robot is writing to you,who is ignoring all your questions