Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sonic Port on iOS 9

no... they just dont support beta operating system...

the whole time ios9 is in beta... the software continues to work on ios8 the released and supported system.

when ios9 is released, every currently for sale line6 item will be appropriately supported on it.

Awesome, so these Sonic Ports had their functionality temporarily suspended during the previous iOS 8, 7, 6 betas? Or...?

Lack of simple pre-release functionality signals that these devices are essentially EOL.

Looks like you're stuck on the word "support" hombre  ;)

Will this device be 100% functional with 3rd party iOS 9 gold master apps on release day?

Was functionality (not support) suspended by the manufacturer during previous iOS betas? Was a sonic port firmware update required for compatibility with iOS 7 or 8?

Apple has a tendency to drop support for certain background stuff and hardware like this ends up EOL. Avid hardware comes to mind. You follow me?

• 1 month later...

UPDATE-

Ipad 2

ios 9.0.1

Works on most guitar apps but most of the time it does NOT work with Mobile Pod. The latency is close to ZERO with the speakers --- it is quite noticeable with the headphone jack however (all guitar apps). Of course the headphone jack is much more desirable for monitoring/sending signal out. Hope this helps Line 6...

Where do you guys see that Sonic Port is not supported for iOS 9? Is this supposed to be true for Sonic Port VX? I just updated my iPhone 6 and iPad 3 to iOS 9 and so far all is working fine for me using Son Port VX with Mobile POD. Maybe you are referring to earlier iPad/iPhone models, or the earlier Sonic Port device (not the VX)?

Sonic port and mobile in (I have both) are NOT working with mobile pod. They BOTH ARE working with ampkit, amplitude and others however there is a lot of latency when played through headphones/line out (which is only way to get signal out for sonic port). When I Use mobile in and iPad 2 speakers there is no latency. But it is very high with iPad headphone out or with sonic Port line out.

We have seen this multiple times with iOS updates. Hopefully a firmware fix is coming.

I've got iPad Air running iOS9 and get nothing from my Sonic Port VX. The microphone is enabled but I get no sound anymore via headphones, monitors, nothing. I'm trying to play guitar via Mobil Pod and Garageband - nothing but silence. So at this point I've got a $200 Sonic paperweight.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

UPDATE-

I must admit to a mistake BUT still have one major outstanding issue.

The lag I was experiencing was due to a new digital receiver (Yamaha RX-V377) and NOT the Line 6 devices. I figured out how to remove DSP processing and all is good with latency issue- its gone. Sorry for blaming this on Line 6!

HOWEVER the Mobile One and the Sonic Port both still do not work with Mobile Pod software. They both DO work fine with:

- Ampkit+

- Yonac Tonestack

- Amplitube

So- c'mon Line 6- its time to at least update your customers!

UPDATE #2-

I updated my iPad 2 to ios 9.1. When I tried Mobile POD it would not work BUT I went into Settings for Mobile POD and the access to microphone was turned off.

After turning it on it is working great. I am wondering if all the ios updates recently are turning off the microphone which is shutting down access to the Mobile In and Sonic Port?

Hope this helps everyone!

• 3 weeks later...

Just plugged my Sonic Port into my iPad to do some demos.... no warning of unsupported.... NOT WORKING in ANY App!

Was working before iOS9

Very annoying.. my Sonic Port is now a piece of Junk.... or is it.

Hope you guys fix the problem.