Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pitch Correction

oehman

At the risk of being ridiculed, i must ask...

Will there be any pitch correction for vocal effect in the Helix?

I currently use a TC Helicon VoiceLive. Yes, i admit i use a little PC to smooth out my rough spots. It also helps harmonies match up a little better.

Some even use it as an Effect with the settings set a bit more extreme - a common pop effect.

If this feature were included in Helix, it sure would give a little more weight toward buying one for me. I could dump the HD500 and Voicelive and replace with one solution.

I agree! B) The VoiceLive processing is very cool. Some people might not want to use it, or might regard it as "Cheating", but it can really make a good vocal better without sounding phony or over-processed if used with a little discretion. I'd really like to see some of these features in the Helix for doing vocals alongside the guitar processing for live use, and for recording purposes. If I spend the money to get the helix, I won't have much left to stick into outboard vocal effects, so it would be great if Helix had some of these vocal effects.

I put in a feature request for this.

Vote for it in IdeaScale here: --->  http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Voicelive-type-vocal-processing/772456-23508

• Upvote 1

Thanks for posting on IdeaScale. I voted it up.

TC Helicon has been expanding into the guitar processing market with their Voicelive units. L6 should expand their processors into vocal related effects & processing. It looks like they already have ideas of heading in that direction with some of the screen shots they've posted showing a separate signal path for vocals.