Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

9-11-15 ???? Is this date still the ETA of the Helix

jaminjimlp

I am hopping that's is the case..... hey let me dream a little I am getting psyched and I can't wait it just might be 11 more days!!! whhooo hooooo!!!! and after seeing the latest review man I am stoked!!!   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RuZurmlRlUM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RuZurmlRlUM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• 2 weeks later...

I think Line 6 has just done such a great job of marketing the Helix that it's created a big demand and people wanting to know more.

I have not seen one single advertisement and more importantly, I have not heard one person speaking about it --- with the exception of here on the L6 board. 

That could just be the circles I run in. I mean, I haven't seen an MMR in awhile. So, who knows what I've been missing. 

But when you use a word like 'great', I should have heard something. 

• Upvote 1

I think you're wrong. It's been on the front page of the Line 6 site for a while now. It's been featured prominently on the front pages of the big online outlets. And it's been the subject of a several hundreds page thread on TGP as well as widely viewed vids.

Not sure if you've been living under a rock...but most guitarists have definitely heard about it. When I told my band back in June that I had pre-ordered it, my bassist knew exactly what I was talking about. :)
So yeah, I think they've done a great job of online marketing to the targeted audience. A traditional advertisement doesn't really cut it in today's world.​​

I think Line 6 has just done such a great job of marketing the Helix that it's created a big demand and people wanting to know more.

Seeing as how the guitarist community is rather small as population percentage, I'm guessing, it's doesn't seem like it's too hard to get word out. I think it's more that Line 6 has created a product that's worth something and moves this type of product beyond what's already out there. Innovative. Helix (not the, that's gotta drive the people at Line 6 nuts) is something that more or less sells itself.

• Upvote 1

I have not seen one single advertisement and more importantly, I have not heard one person speaking about it --- with the exception of here on the L6 board.

That could just be the circles I run in. I mean, I haven't seen an MMR in awhile. So, who knows what I've been missing.

Apart from guitar magazines, which I probably haven't purchased in 20 years, I wouldn't really expect to see ads anywhere. It's not like L6 is gonna be buying ad time on Monday night football...they'd be throwing money away.

It's like any product that appeals to a limited demographic. I haven't seen any ads for hunting rifles lately, but I never look at hunting magazines or forums. I'm sure, though, that if you were into that, there would be something that has that community abuzz right now. The thread over on The Gear Page about the Helix is approaching 8,000 comments. That's pretty amazing for one product.

Apart from guitar magazines, which I probably haven't purchased in 20 years, I wouldn't really expect to see ads anywhere. It's not like L6 is gonna be buying ad time on Monday night football...they'd be throwing money away.

I seem to remember a study done a while back. The only MI brands that Joe Schmo had even heard of were Yamaha (likely because of their motorcycles, waverunners, chainsaws, etc.) and Fender. Gibson was a distant third. We have no expectation that Helix awareness extends past the tiny group of discerning digital-based guitarists out there, and that's fine. If Line 6 wanted to rule the world, we'd make something other than music gear.

• Upvote 1

Wow just called zzounds and they have more preorders than orders coming in for the first batch.  They don't know exactly when the next batch will come.  He said probably around a month after but he's not sure.  They are waiting on line 6 to let them know.  Sucks I'll have to wait longer but it's a good thing that these are looking to sell well because that means more support and potential add ons/upgrades.

Hi James, check out the latest generation of pro-level FX and amp modeling.  Can't see images? View this online

just got an email today..... when I saw it was from GC and saw Helix in the subject line I thought wow it's finally my tracking info and well it was an advertisement for it...  :(

In GC today buying slides, cables, pics, etc. and my guy and his green screen computer showed 199 units to be delivered on 10/5. He said they probably wouldn't have an in store floor demo for awhile due to filling preorders.

I've been pretty happy with my HD tones(even though the switches still go out periodically) so I'm waiting to play with a Helix before I buy it. I run an outboard mid 90's Dunlop Uvibe and I'd almost pay for a Helix to not have to do that anymore.

In GC today buying slides, cables, pics, etc. and my guy and his green screen computer showed 199 units to be delivered on 10/5. He said they probably wouldn't have an in store floor demo for awhile due to filling preorders.

Two hundred of them to one store? That seems unlikely to me.

I told y'all before...retailers are full of lollipope, now and forever. Listen to nothing they tell you. All your gonna get is wishful thinking, or outright lies.

Two hundred of them to one store? That seems unlikely to me.

I told y'all before...retailers are full of lollipope, now and forever. Listen to nothing they tell you. All your gonna get is wishful thinking, or outright lies.

Ha!

I learned a great lesson from a manager I had once upon a time. He always said, "Never Assume."

I didn't say it was to one store but I was at the Houston store so you never know do you?

200 to the 4 GC's in the Houston metro, population 7 million, sounds small to me.

I am terribly sorry I wasn't clearer.

I didn't say I believed him.

I was just reporting what I saw and what he said.

Have an outstanding weekend!

Ha!

I learned a great lesson from a manager I had once upon a time. He always said, "Never Assume."

I didn't say it was to one store but I was at the Houston store so you never know do you?

200 to the 4 GC's in the Houston metro, population 7 million, sounds small to me.

I am terribly sorry I wasn't clearer.

I didn't say I believed him.

I was just reporting what I saw and what he said.

Have an outstanding weekend!

No need to apologize, I'm sure that's exactly what they told you. I just have trouble believing anything that comes from a guy who's trying to sell me something...it's a safe bet that it isn't the truth.

When the guy at my GC showed me the 133 units (8-4-15) they were expecting the shipment to arrive on 9-11-15 at the Main GC distribution warehouse in LA and that was for all GC's and that is probably what Wallyg was being shown. also I don't doubt that Line 6 is telling GC and all other retailers expected dates, but ultimately they won't be released to the public until Line 6 says go... the store manager at my GC told me there has been times in the past when new products sat in there back room and they themselves were not allowed to open them. So all the warehouses for all the retailers could possibly already have units (not as well) and we wouldn't know one way or the other... He did say they didn't have any there at the store i go to. Yes it's all speculation on our part and we will get it when we get it.... but I do encourage anyone that hears anything share it with the rest of us... right or wrong is not that important because only the powers that be at Line 6 and Yamaha know what the date is and can change it anytime and as much as they want.

I will say that the anticipation of it is driving me crazy!!!

...because only the powers that be at Line 6 and Yamaha know what the date is and can change it anytime and as much as they want.

Which is precisely why it's a waste of time to report anything. The guesswork from unverifiable source #1 won't be any better than the guesswork from unverifiable source #2...The only one(s) who actually know ain't talkin', and they're not gonna start.

I think every retailer has more preorders than units coming in. That is most likely why we see dates change from vendors all the time. It is also possible some will not get as many the first order which changes things also. When I worked retail many years ago it seemed like everytime a new product was drawing attention we got less than anticipated initially. Line 6 has stood firm on the end of summer with no actual date. I believe we will see some hit the stores by the end of this week.