Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

9-11-15 ???? Is this date still the ETA of the Helix

jaminjimlp

Hey, Isn't it enough that they "intended" to release it by the end of summer?????

Aren't we being just a little too cynical?

But seriously, to the guy's at Line 6 I'll be ready for it when your done... "Are we there yet?" 

I feel like a little kid saying "Is it Christmas yet?" 

well I guess it get here when it gets here :(

BTW will there be a post here of the Official release? and or on the line 6 home page? when it happens????

Ok guys. Release date does not equal ship date. Sometimes vendors have products as are told at release date they vs ship. Depending on the vendor, they may or may not be processed to go out the door on that date. Other times they do not leave the warehouse until release date which adds shipping and processing time before they go out the door. As I stated pior, Sweetwater said October 2 for shipping the last I talked to them. That signified a short two week delay as others are stating.

Literally just received word: If all goes well, we'll be uploading 1.00 firmware into units in both Newark, CA and Amsterdam, NL this weekend. With a bit of luck, those who got their preorders in right away should see their units sometime next week.

It's happening!!

Thanks for the updates.

I hope some of the users on here will post some videos or audio clips with their Helix once it they get their hands on one. I like the idea of an all-in-one floor unit, but haven't found any that sound good so far (disclaimer: I've never used Axe FX), at least, not as good as a couple of analog pedals and my Deluxe Reverb clone.

• Upvote 1

I hope some of the users on here will post some videos or audio clips with their Helix once it they get their hands on one. I like the idea of an all-in-one floor unit, but haven't found any that sound good so far (disclaimer: I've never used Axe FX), at least, not as good as a couple of analog pedals and my Deluxe Reverb clone.

Yeah, these things suck. Don't know why I keep reading these forums.

• Upvote 3

Units in Amsterdam have been updated and are repackaged, ready to ship out to dealers (if they haven't already). Haven't received confirmation from the team in Newark quite yet.

Woohoo!! Thanks for the update DI! Anxious to hear about the US units!

Newark
City in California ....................... right?

<deep breath>

Amsterdam units have been sent to the Yamaha distributor and should head out to dealers early next week.

Newark units shipped to dealers today.

Great news.

Unfortunately, I placed my order 3 weeks ago at my local store, so I don't think I will be in the first wave of shipment. Do you have any idea when the next wave will be?

Great news.

Unfortunately, I placed my order 3 weeks ago at my local store, so I don't think I will be in the first wave of shipment. Do you have any idea when the next wave will be?

My Sweetwater rep said they expect their second shipment "around Thanksgiving". :(

For what it's worth I preordered through Musician's Friend about 4 weeks ago (because I had a 15% off coupon, normally I prefer Sweetwater) and I just called them to get an ETA.  They told me that my Helix would be shipping on October 6th and they are receiveing more units than they have pre-orders so you should still be able to get one next week if you order now through MF.

I talked to Sweetwater a few minutes ago. I did make it in the first shipment. Hurray. They got notice that their shipment left Newark yesterday and they are on the way to them. They said if all goes as planned I should have mine by the middle or end of next week. I guess they are getting 300 first batch and all are sold.

When did you order yours? I ordered beginning of this month and when I last talked my rep he wasn't sure if I made it in the first shipment or not.

After my Sweetwater rep said I'd have to wait until Thanksgiving, I ordered mine from MF on 9/24 and was told that I made it into their first group. They also gave me a $120 discount ($1379.99). ☺

• Upvote 1

After my Sweetwater rep said I'd have to wait until Thanksgiving, I ordered mine from MF on 9/24 and was told that I made it into their first group. They also gave me a $120 discount ($1379.99). ☺

My rep told me pretty much the same thing. That is, if I don't make it into the first batch. Guess I'll know soon enough. I originally ordered it from MF also, but cancelled for SW, mainly because of the extra year warranty, plus he matched the 15%.

I didn't get the discount since I ordered so long ago but that is probably why they gave me so much off of my monitors, expression pedal and a bunch of accessories i ordered for other stuff. I called and added it to my order and wondered why they gave me $40 off the expression pedal alone.